NEWS

• Rick Z
    Stark MN

Where does everyone go on-line for local news. I like the STRIBs writers, I just cannot get myself to pay for it.

How many subscribe and is it worth it?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Where does everyone go on-line for local news.

I read MPR News. There’s no charge. The daily weather report is not that bad considering that most meteorologists are terrorists lol.

https://www.mprnews.org/

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Bring Me the News, owned by the Pohlad’s and pretty far left writers/spin. Neither of which I like, but it’s free and covers most of the local stories.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I quit watching news about a year ago and I feel much better.

JEREMY
    BP

I watch local news on tv. Some pretty good eye candy on there.

Charles

Don’t watch it,

Dan
    Southeast MN

Bring Me the News, owned by the Pohlad’s

My damn jaw is on the floor Werm! Do you know that if there’s ads on those websites, they’re making money off you and not spending it in free agency!! jester jester jester

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I seem to be getting more and more of my news from a place called IDO.

Let me know if you want the link.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

My damn jaw is on the floor Werm! Do you know that if there’s ads on those websites, they’re making money off you and not spending it in free agency!!

You’re right, I’m done with that site now too! #Notapennyoffofme! rotflol

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I don’t watch the propaganda outlets formerly known as the news.
    For local (northern mn) stories igo to InewZ TV on you tube.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I seem to be getting more and more of my news from a place called IDO.

Let me know if you want the link.

rotflol

Also sadly a lot of truth to that statement

castle-rock-clown

Weekend Update on Saturday Night Live. I also watched Daily Report with John Stewart, but no more, don’t like Trevor Noah.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

Weekend Update on Saturday Night Live. I also watched Daily Report with John Stewart, but no more, don’t like Trevor Noah.

It’s really sad that there are people that actually think this is legit “news”…. doah

The “news” today is nothing more than sensationalized, biased, fear mongering click-bait garbage. I haven’t had cable or TV signal run into my house in almost a year and I’m fine with that (the subscription services like Netflix provide me enough tv entertainment).

If there’s a news story I care to deep dive on, I’ll spend time sleuthing on different websites and do my best to filter out the bias and garbage and gather the actual facts of the story. I try to always keep the writers/reporters bias in perspective and not let the political hacks sway my opinions or bias one way or the other.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

News is nothing more than opinions when it involves politics. Hard news is when they report the storm killed 5 or XYZ will serve 15 years for killing somebody.

This site proves some people think their opinions matter more than others.

Sylvanboat

Wall Street Journal. You may not agree with their opinions but you get views you won’t get anywhere else.

Ripjiggen

Where does everyone go on-line for local news. I like the STRIBs writers, I just cannot get myself to pay for it.

Just clear your browsing history and to don’t have to pay.

castle-rock-clown

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>castle-rock-clown wrote:</div>

It’s really sad that there are people that actually think this is legit “news”…. doah

The “news” today is nothing more than sensationalized, biased, fear mongering click-bait garbage. I haven’t had cable or TV signal run into my house in almost a year and I’m fine with that (the subscription services like Netflix provide me enough tv entertainment).

If there’s a news story I care to deep dive on, I’ll spend time sleuthing on different websites and do my best to filter out the bias and garbage and gather the actual facts of the story. I try to always keep the writers/reporters bias in perspective and not let the political hacks sway my opinions or bias one way or the other.

Real or fake, At least I get a good laugh. Life goes on whether I know about it or not. All media is a form of voyurism. Most news is bad, like murders and bad car accidents with a sensational aspect meaning morbid entertainment. Politics are mearly a sport. But sometimes things of value force their way through like the new Nordic ski training and sport facility in Brillion, WI. Funny observation, the more news junkies get more news, the more bitter they are. Kind of like a crack whore missing her fix.

Gitchi Gummi

You can read star trib articles for free by opening the link for the article in chromes incognito mode

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.