Newer used pickups?

• mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

I’d go test out Ford, Dodge and Chevy and see which one you like. I am certain that money is going to be factored into this decision so check out all of them and price them out (new or used it doesn’t matter) and make your decision from there. Because……If I’m not mistaken,,,,,,Isn’t Ford quite a bit higher than the other two? or one for sure??

That is what my plan is over the next couple weekends. And from what I am finding through my research, Ford is definitely the most expensive.

Another thing to think about is garage space. Last year I traded up from a worn out ’03 that I had since new to a ’15 F-150 Super Crew. The 2015 is a few inches longer than my previous ’03 and does not fit in minimum sized garages. I do miss parking inside.

Luckily for me, garage space is not an issue! We’ve got a 2 car garage but it is 28′ deep.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I’ve been a Chevy guy pretty much my whole life. After I got married and had 3 kids became almost a necessity because hauling a boat and camping gear I needed a Suburban. I looked at a new Ford F150 for work and went with the Chevy 2500HD last fall because the Ford was 5 grand higher.

Kyhl
    Savage

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>walleyebuster5 wrote:</div>
    Luckily for me, garage space is not an issue! We’ve got a 2 car garage but it is 28′ deep.

I’m jealous. Seriously. I would love to have more garage space. When I was single I joked that I could live in a one room shack with a 27 stall garage. Funny how marrage changes priorities. lol

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

That’s awesome. When we were looking for a new home in 2014, I told my wife I would not look at anything with less than three stalls. I got it, but three stalls that were 28′ deep would have been even better!!! devil

Garage space is one thing you can never have too much of.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

bought my first home this spring and while it has a 2 car garage its only 21′ deep. I didn’t really consider how much a shallow/small garage would suck. I know better now and my next house will def have a bigger garage

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

My realtor thought I was crazy when I showed up with my boat behind my Expedition when it came time to look for my first home. We always started with putting the boat in the garage. I never saw the inside of the first three houses due to the garages. Yes, not all three car garages are created equal!

FDR

milemark_714

My realtor thought I was crazy when I showed up with my boat behind my Expedition when it came time to look for my first home. We always started with putting the boat in the garage. I never saw the inside of the first three houses due to the garages. Yes, not all three car garages are created equal!

FDR

I learned to bring along a 25′ tape measure,it does not lie unlike most realtors.Same goes for room sizes and hallway widths.

Ford Guy 1
    Chanhassen, MN

mnrabbit, I just sent you a private message. Let me know if you’re interested. Thanks.

jarrod holbrook

Tundra crew max for me! Rear window is power roll down which lets me haul the longer stuff. 5.7 pulls like crazy. No more Chevy for this guy!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.