New windows

• Dink buster

Upgrading our house a little bit at a time. New central air and furnace going in this year. Plan on doing windows next year. Was wondering how much it’s going to cost us round about on a 3700 square foot home. Middle of the road options here. Not top of the line but not cheapest either. Just good windows.

Ripjiggen

How many windows?
    What type of windows?
    Casement double hung sliders?
    Any big picture windows, bay, bow windows?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Only one way to find out, get 3 quotes. You should be asking who is a good installer and what brands have people on IDO had good luck with.

super_do
    St Michael, MN

I put in vinyl Thermo Techs about 15 years ago. No issues yet!

Reef W

I put in vinyl Thermo Techs about 15 years ago. No issues yet!

I got Thermo Tech only a few years ago but haven’t had any issues. We got a lot of quotes and there was a crazy range depending on window and installer. We went with https://geeksuiteexteriors.com/ who recommended the Thermo Tech and they were great.

Also got Luxaire furnace and AC in 2014 and that’s been good too, was pretty reasonable compared to the big names.

matthewkolden

We install almost exclusively Thermo Techs through my work. We had one job where we had an issue with some of the glass getting foggy, but it’s been fixed and had no other issues since.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Only one way to find out, get 3 quotes. You should be asking who is a good installer and what brands have people on IDO had good luck with.

Agree. Until you find what you want and get bids, your not even flinging darts at a target. You could be 15k to 80k.

Also, custom sizes vs stock will vary in cost a lot. In the house I’m building right now I have one patio door that is almost 8 grand

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.