New Tires for 2020 Suburban

• Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Hello –

We are in a need of new tires for our 2020 Suburban. Tire size is 275/55R20. The vehicle is used as a family vehicle – running kids around and wife driving to work so we don’t use it to tow. Live in Minnesota so we do have the snow/ice. Would like a good all around tire that is quiet but yet good in winter conditions.

Thanks!

Chad

bowhunter84

Go to Costco and get a set of Michelin Defenders. Solid all around tire IMO and Costco has pretty decent prices on them. free rotations too, if you can put up with their scheduling/crowds

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve been happy with the Hankook Dynapro AT2 that I put on my Sequoia.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Defenders are great tires for what you described. The Goodyear Wrangler Adventure AT is also a very good tire and will have much better winter traction. While being an AT tire with a touch more noise than the Defender they certainly not noisy and very capable. I work in the industry so if you want PM me and I can look up your size and make some other recommendations.

Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Defenders are great tires for what you described. The Goodyear Wrangler Adventure AT is also a very good tire and will have much better winter traction. While being an AT tire with a touch more noise than the Defender they certainly not noisy and very capable. I work in the industry so if you want PM me and I can look up your size and make some other recommendations.

PM Sent

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Michelin Defenders – My buddy put a set of these on his Suburban last fall and is extremely happy with them. One of the best Warranties on tires out there as well.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Tried these on my 18 Silverado, two winters so far without issue, will see if they last as long as the duellers I ran on my 09. Put two sets of Bridgestone duellers on that silverado, never an issue, never felt like I needed more traction and averaged 70000-75000 miles per set.(I do drive rural roads nearly exclusively though, the worst condition roads in winter I see are always city roads so maybe not apples to apples comparison of driving conditions)

bigcrappie
    Blaine

AT tire on a family SUV?, I would go with a Highway tire to get smooth ride and long lasting. The Michelin are a great choice, my dad got 90,000 out of set.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

AT tire on a family SUV?, I would go with a Highway tire to get smooth ride and long lasting. The Michelin are a great choice, my dad got 90,000 out of set.

The AT2 is surprisingly quiet and smooth for an AT tire. I can’t speak to the longevity yet. Mine’s not a strictly pavement truck, and I tow a 5500 lb boat/trailer with it.

Karl Hungus
    Carver County, Minnesota

I’ve put Mich Defenders on the last 3 trucks and my daughters Odyssey. Fantastic tires…truly “all season”. Personally, I’ve had very good experiences with Discount Tire. They match Costco (or anyone else) and I’ve usually gotten same day install on tires vs Costco having to order them in. Regardless of where you get them, Defenders are awesome.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.