New Spinning Reel

• walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

OK, I am in need of 2 new spinning reels. Will be used for drop shots and other finesse techniques. Looking to keep them in the $100 – $150 each range. I have been a Shimano guy most of my life, but would be willing to give some other brands a try! Let’s hear your thoughts! Thanks in advance!

robby
    Quad Cities

I really like the Pfleugers.

Quinn Howard
    Mounds View

I really like the new lt series from daiwa. The Tatula lt in my opinion is pretty competitive with the Stradic. I just got a Tatula lt for $150 on ebay last week.

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

X3 I have about 8 or 10 Presidents and love them

Timmy

X4 on the Pfleugers, but instead of the presidents(great reals, no complaints) my preference is on the Arbors. For an additional 30 bucks, I really like the larger diameter spools. They are my top pick for best bang-for-the-buck.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

X4 on the Pfleugers, but instead of the presidents(great reals, no complaints) my preference is on the Arbors. For an additional 30 bucks, I really like the larger diameter spools. They are my top pick for best bang-for-the-buck.

Maybe I’m wrong but I thought these were discontinued a few years ago.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

X5!! Just got a couple Supreme’s at a screaming deal!

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>robby wrote:</div>

X3 I have about 8 or 10 Presidents and love them

X9 (I think we’re on now).

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I really like the new lt series from daiwa. The Tatula lt in my opinion is pretty competitive with the Stradic. I just got a Tatula lt for $150 on ebay last week.

He can get the Daiwa BG models for $100. The reel has been solid for me. It’s very smooth and has a great drag.

Timmy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Timmy wrote:</div>

Maybe I’m wrong but I thought these were discontinued a few years ago.

I don’t think they are discontinued, it looks like they are back ordered on a few sites, and available on a few others. Like I said, I have no complaints with the presidents, but that large spool sure is nice. Well worth the extra $30 to me!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Quinn Howard wrote:</div>

He can get the Daiwa BG models for $100. The reel has been solid for me. It’s very smooth and has a great drag.

The BG’s are sweet! Daiwa smoothness and a quality drag!

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Shimano Sahara or nasci for that range. I love them both.

mrpike1973

I just bought 2 Sedonas after being a Pflueger president fan for years I will never go back. The Shimano’s are very smooth the Pfluegers after a year no matter how oiled and clean I keep them they sound grindy I have had them strip out on me on bigger fish. Just my 2 cents

Abu Garcia silver Max…best $40 i’ve ever spent. Otherwise x5 on the pfluegers

walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Well, I hate to be the guy that does not take anyone’s advice, but ended up running across an amazing deal on 2 Diawa Ballistic LT reels for almost half price. I hope I don’t regret it, but I am going to give them a try! Thanks for all the input. I do have several of the Pflueger Arbors and like them, especially for lighter baits.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well, I hate to be the guy that does not take anyone’s advice, but ended up running across an amazing deal on 2 Diawa Ballistic LT reels for almost half price. I hope I don’t regret it, but I am going to give them a try! Thanks for all the input. I do have several of the Pflueger Arbors and like them, especially for lighter baits.

You will NOT regret that. Might even turn you into a Daiwa guy……Just warning you. I was a Pflueger guy before I tried the Daiwas also.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

As long as it’s a Daiwa you’re golden.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>robby wrote:</div>

X5!! Just got a couple Supreme’s at a screaming deal!

For $150 you cant go wrong with the Supreme XT. I recently tried the President XT and it is also smooth, but you can tell a difference between the Supreme and President XT’s (makes sense becasue of the price difference)

rjohnson8404

You can get three presidents for $150 bulletproof reels! Imho
    Go plfueger

Tyler Kalishek
    Cedar Falls, IA

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>walleye1274 wrote:</div>

You will NOT regret that. Might even turn you into a Daiwa guy……Just warning you. I was a Pflueger guy before I tried the Daiwas also.

Same here

wormdunker

Where did you find the ballistics?

walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Overton’s had a 40% off code last week. They have a 30% code going on now through the 17th also I believe. WATER30 is the code.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Where did you find the ballistics?

Amazon, Tackle Warehouse also carries them. But TW is marked up quite a bit.

Carol Knowles

Well dang guess I need to look into pfleugers…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.