New plant by Mille lacs

• OG Net_Man

And the Upper Red lake story link on the above article

Red Lake Nation Chair Darrell Seki Sr. told a packed audience Friday the band is pursuing the return of all of Upper Red Lake plus a 1-mile buffer of land surrounding the area.

Plus a 1 mile buffer area around the perimeter? Never hurts to ask? chased

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Red Lake Nation Chair Darrell Seki Sr. told a packed audience Friday the band is pursuing the return of all of Upper Red Lake plus a 1-mile buffer of land surrounding the area.

If this gains traction at some point there’s gonna be a breaking point.

Reef W

Amazing how they had the foresight to build such a huge facility, it’s almost like it’s all been planned and set up for “success.” Anyone else building anything like that? Maybe they’ll have a nice monopoly on cannibas, along with gambling, netting, etc.

I don’t understand what suspicious foresight is needed to start building something in response to law changes 6 months ago but, for other things in the works, HWY35 secured loans to build a bigger one in October: https://www.mprnews.org/story/2023/10/17/state-agency-supports-planned-68-million-cannabis-facility-in-grand-rapids

Norsky

Doesn’t sound like they have all the permits and licenses totally secured yet, I won’t be surprised if it gets denied so the natives can have their own monopoly on the whole situation.

blackbay
    mn

I was in a meeting where the Red Lake Chairman was speaking about their reservation and how bad the fentanyl/addiction crisis was. The next breath he welcomed everyone to come to the opening of the cannabis dispensary and how great it was. ??? He really didn’t see the hypocrisy through the dollar signs in his eyes.

Reef W

Doesn’t sound like they have all the permits and licenses totally secured yet, I won’t be surprised if it gets denied so the natives can have their own monopoly on the whole situation.

Well, the OCM isn’t issuing license yet so I guess we’ll have to wait and see. I won’t be surprised if an organization whose purpose is to license businesses, and is charging for it, issues licenses though coffee

Attachments:
    1. For_People_Interested_in_Starting_a_Business___State_of_Minnesota_-_Office_of_Cannabis_Management.png

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Dang never got to try upper red.

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

I was in a meeting where the Red Lake Chairman was speaking about their reservation and how bad the fentanyl/addiction crisis was. The next breath he welcomed everyone to come to the opening of the cannabis dispensary and how great it was. ??? He really didn’t see the hypocrisy through the dollar signs in his eyes.

My thoughts exactly. They might as well open a new distillery while they are at it.

MX1825

IF this happens and no one can fish Red Lake but Native Americans, what are the odds it gets decimated by commercial fishing again? Will MDNR restock it again? whistling

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Will MDNR restock it again?

Why wouldn’t they? They shouldn’t have restocked it the first time.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.