New Opportunity

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The pond by my house where I caught a bass on my 6th cast over a year ago has had the brush around it removed. It was a little hairy landing it with that brush and I only tried a couple other times, each time deciding it was to dangerous to continue. NOw that it is clear I can spend more time and not worry about my safety and concentrate on fishing. The bass I caught was healthy and I am sure there are more. Probably not quantity, but hopefully quality like the ponds at our old place.

Not only that, but another pond in a wildlife area is done with renovation I think, so I can give that one a shot as well. If there are decent fish it will be relegated to the winter months. One thing I know if pond fishing is tough July – Sept and that is when inshore fishing is the best.

Neighborhood pond
    Frog Creek

Attachments:
    1. 20181201_072839.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sounds like fun!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I didn’t say there were catfish in there..although there may be. yay

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

So where does the danger part come in?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>
    So where does the danger part come in?

Gators maybe?

Ahh, gotcha. I think at 64 years old i’d take my chances with the virus vs a gator. But then, maybe they are mis-understood like the Wolves.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

More worried about snakes, twisting an ankle or falling in when there was thick brush. Not to mention the shore was like a big with my legs breaking through.

FryDog62

Nice to see you on the board Pug!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

There is this tiny quarter acre retention pond. I put a couple turtles in there today and I saw beds and something attacking the little minnows on top. I am curious what they are because life can’t be easy in that size of a pond. I’m going to see if they’ll bit a little jig tomorrow morning.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

So that 1/2 acre pond that probably is 3′ at it’s deepest has some little bass and bluegill in it. I can’t imagine there is anything over a pound in there, but I am curious to see by trying a bigger lure instead of a little jig. I’d poop myself if there is a 2# bass in there.

FryDog62

“I’d poop myself if there is a 2# bass in there.”

Careful, you may not have any TP to clean up – –
    moon
    grin

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

When I was a kid growing up my dad lived in Georgia. I would spend some time fishing both private and public ponds there. The fishing was incredible in those ponds. Some were large and some rather small. They all had Great Brim
    ( Sunfish ), Catfish, and Bass. We’d spend some time catching our bait. Most crickets and grasshoppers for the Brim and frogs for the Bass and Cat fish. Those were some fun fishing times. I’ve always wanted to live someplace that I could build a pound for fishing. Its really common down south – Not much here in the Midwest.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

moon
    grin

Have you heard about my paper towel trick?

FryDog62

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FryDog62 wrote:</div>

moon
    grin

Have you heard about my paper towel trick?

No, you’ll have to fill me in though. Just remember if all else fails, my Dude Wipes are still for sale
    waytogo

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Just separate the plys of the paper towel.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.