New Feature of the Navionics Boating App. Color Depth Shading

• Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

This is a new feature of the mobile app only at this time. Currently supported on iOS with Android coming soon.
    You get up to 5 different depth ranges with colors to choose from. Hopefully we’ll see this available on our chips when the manufactures accept the new feature.

To do this go to Menu>Map Options and scroll to the bottom.

You must update the app to get this feature.

Attachments:
    1. 37715119_2317179708296463_8510671567552774144_n-1.jpg

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Chris:

I have been working with my stuff now that I have a new Elite ti 9. Connected to the brothers wifi from his dock in the boat and did an upload already for the machine… Was looking at my Navionics stuff and have been seeing some pretty neat things, I think currently you can set the shallow depth range on my driod and get it dotted in red, but can’t wait for that feature you have shown above.

Wondering… I am assuming that stuff that I’ve read that if I buy the Navioics+ for one of my old chips, I can download limitlessly for that card for one year for $99. Couldn’t you do the same thing and using the wifi in my ti-9, download to that chip in my boat??? Thanks in advance!!!

Mark

Dr. Pomoxis

Any idea when we can do this on our Lowrance units? This is fantastic.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

Chris:

I have been working with my stuff now that I have a new Elite ti 9. Connected to the brothers wifi from his dock in the boat and did an upload already for the machine… Was looking at my Navionics stuff and have been seeing some pretty neat things, I think currently you can set the shallow depth range on my driod and get it dotted in red, but can’t wait for that feature you have shown above.

Wondering… I am assuming that stuff that I’ve read that if I buy the Navioics+ for one of my old chips, I can download limitlessly for that card for one year for $99. Couldn’t you do the same thing and using the wifi in my ti-9, download to that chip in my boat??? Thanks in advance!!!

Mark

You’re correct, the $99 update is the subscription which allows daily updates to that chip, it also gives you the ability to run SonarCharts Live, and the use of plotter sync as well, which if connected to a mobile device you can update your maps via that way as well.

I hope this answers your questions.

Dr. Pomoxis, I have actually asked this questions and as of right now it isn’t available on the chips. Sounded like they’re waiting for buy in from the manufactures to allow this functionality. I hope it happens.

CaptainMusky

Yeah the depth shading on Lowrance isn’t a Navionics issue, its Lowrance not approving, developing, allowing it on their end. I find the feature nice, but I don’t know how much I would use it. I use the depth shading that is currently available for shallow water and for me that is sufficient.
    I guess I haven’t used something with multiple color so that may change my opinion later but for now I am content with that I have.

munchy
    NULL

I noticed that update come through the other day. Awesome new feature!!

Attachments:
    1. DB945B52-2A0E-4567-A640-373884B13423.jpeg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.