New Cabelas Tundra rod case

• ElFuegoOnIce

Just got my new Cabelas tundra rod case. Since there is only one review on they’re sight I’m putting in my 2 cents. Absolutely perfect for what I needed. More rigid than I expected, which is a good thing. Ample pockets, two of which will hold a 3600 box. Very well put together and now on sale.

gonehunting

I am the one who posted the review. I have been looking for a hard sided case that is not too bulky like the Otter Rod Box. A lot of hard cases you have to fold handles down on the reels which is a pain. I rarely take more than four poles with me in my portable when traveling 10-15 miles on LOW or Lake Winnipeg. The new Frabill case is too large also. The tundra bag is the same make as the Clam Rod locker. Very well made with very stiff sides. I don’t need something I can drive over but needs to take some abuse in the portable. Great bag for a great price.

ElFuegoOnIce

I’m the exact same way. I’m glad they came out with. Now if only work would cooperate so I could go.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Thanks for the review. Sounds like this will work for me too. Going over to take a look after work.

-J.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I checked it out today at Cabelas. On my wish list now.

realtreeap10
    Over there

Love mine, just picked it up the other day. Way better then the old floppy blue case I had. Now I don;t have to worry about my rods breaking and tackle boxes rolling around.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Currently on sale……..

Reg. price $74.99

Sale price $59.99

gonehunting

Just to re-iterate this bag is the exact same make as the Clam Ice Rod Locker. So if you prefer blue over black you can go that route also. Took mine out today and am thinking this may have been my best purchase in awhile for ice fishing.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I went and picked up a Tundra case. Woodbury had a few left. 59.99 for what appears to be a great case with plenty of zippered storage pockets for tackle.

ElFuegoOnIce

The reason I took a chance on it is because I started using some custom rods. My old bag just wasn’t going to protect them enough. Probably didn’t protect my old rods enough. I couldn’t be more happy with it.

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Thanks for the referral I just ordered one.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.