New Boots

• Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

I am in the market for a new pair of ice fishing boots. I will also be using them on my late season deer hunts sitting in the tree stand. I looked back and found a thread about the Alpha Kings and they looked good, but I am curious what everyone is finding that works for them? I rarely fish in a shack and fish through whatever the SD winter throws at me. Thanks for your advise!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I bought a pair of Baffin Apex boots a few years ago. By FAR the warmest boot that I’ve ever had. They are a bit bulky and heavy but for outside ice fishing and long sits on a cold deer stand they can not be beat. Do yourself a Favor and check them out prior to buying anything else. You will be happy you did.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

By the way. The Baffin boots run a bite small. If you buy them get them a 1/2 to full size larger. I was fine with a 1/2 size more. Light sock liner and lightweight smart wool sock is all I wear inside mine. No need for a heavy thick wool pair.

monstermatt
    Minnesota

I bought a pair of muck arctic sport last year and couldn’t be happier! They are light weight, easy on and off and they are very warm. I also fish outside a lot and never got cold or wet feet!

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Baffin titans, can’t be beat, rubber outside for drilling holes, easy on off, relatively light weight, super warm.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Baffin. I’m going on 10 years in mine. Still not looking for a new pair.

Tonka
    Minnesota

im a small guy, so staying warm for me isn’t always easy especially when it comes to my feet, I bought a pair of lacrosse alpha ice kings and they are the real deal. I’ve used them for the past 2 winters with zero complaints, and have already put them through their paces. The Baffin boots seemed legit for warm feet, and I got close to buying them, but they aren’t as waterproof as the alpha ice kings. Hope you like whatever u purchase.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

I kneel a lot when ice fishing and the tops of my toe caps on the boots wear how do the boots deal with this?
    Bob

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Baffin titans are 100% waterproof.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

he Baffin boots seemed legit for warm feet, and I got close to buying them, but they aren’t as waterproof as the alpha ice kings.

My feet have always stayed dry in my Baffins. Not sure how much waterproof you can get.

Spalj
    NULL

Steiger Mukluck, Camuextreme in the stand or on the ice, warmest boot I have owned. Not much for trekking because they lack support and tread. I like Lowa’s for walking but standing still on ice,
    you cannot beat the Camuextreme.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Bafin Titans are less than 100 bucks on walley worlds website

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I just saw Sams Club had the Muck Artics for about 139.00. I think Gander had them for closer to 200.00. I’ve had other Muck boots and they have been awesome (lite weight, comforable, warm, and water proof).

Brennon Nielson

I bought a pair of muck arctic sport last year and couldn’t be happier! They are light weight, easy on and off and they are very warm. I also fish outside a lot and never got cold or wet feet!

X2
    Hard to get more waterproof than mucks!

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I bought Cabela’s Instinct Accelerator 9mm rubber boots last year and never have had a complaint about my feet again. Super light, nice ergonomic design with great support, and claim to be warmer than other boots rated to 1200gram insulate. I pair mine with Ice Armour poly liner socks and thick Smart wool hunting socks over that. I rarely fish inside a shack.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Muck Arctic Pro waytogo Great for ice fishing and hunting

ps0345

How do they stand up on the top part or the tips of the rubber. I jump up and off my ATV a lot and I am concerned about the rubber getting tore up.

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

im a small guy, so staying warm for me isn’t always easy especially when it comes to my feet, I bought a pair of lacrosse alpha ice kings and they are the real deal. I’ve used them for the past 2 winters with zero complaints, and have already put them through their paces. The Baffin boots seemed legit for warm feet, and I got close to buying them, but they aren’t as waterproof as the alpha ice kings. Hope you like whatever u purchase.

Did the alpha kings fix their issue with the lace holes ripping out? That was the only negative I found on them.

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

I found the Baffin Titans online for $85…couldn’t pass them up. I put them on and my feet were beyond toasty within 30 seconds. Pretty excited to try them on ice! Little sad it looks like there won’t be decent ice till early December at the earliest bawling Thanks for all the input fellas!

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I found the Baffin Titans online for $85…couldn’t pass them up. I put them on and my feet were beyond toasty within 30 seconds. Pretty excited to try them on ice! Little sad it looks like there won’t be decent ice till early December at the earliest  :bawling: Thanks for all the input fellas!

You will love them!

Brett Einheuser

Lacrosse Ice kings, extremely warm and comfortable. Waterproof, only down side is bit bulky like most heavey boots. I use lacrosse alpha mud lights for hunting through rifle season. 7mm neoprene is a lot warmer than the old 2000 grams I had prior. Buy it once buy it right I’ll never buy another brand!

Tonka
    Minnesota

Haha, sorry fellas, I could have swore the ones I was looking at the time said waterproof only up to the rubber bottom. Guess I was wrong, and I haven’t had any issues with the eye rings where the laces are.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

I have the muck wetland and artic pros. I think they are a more versatile boot than the Baffin’s. Like was said, the mucks are warm,light weight, waterproof and EASY on and off. You also don’t have to bend over and tie them.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I just tried on some Muck’s at Gander. There really doesn’t seem to be a lot of insulation there. Do you Muck owners need to wear heavy duty socks?

Tried on some Baffin Impact also, what up with straps/buckles? seems to be un-needed to me.
    I would have bought them if they didn’t have those.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

Muck boots are neoprene. It has a different insulation value than thinsulate or felt. I am glad there are numerous brands and styles of boots, this way everybody has a choice and what works for me, might not work for someone else.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.