New Boat Order

• Terry Reed

Ordered my new Lund toward end of October with a 5/1/2022 due date. Has anyone heard if they are on schedule with manufacturing/delivering new boats or if they are delayed? With all that’s going on in the world right now, nothing would surprise me. I did not contact the dealer as it’s not May 1 – just curious as to what to expect.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Good luck I hope you get your boat in time. My personal guess from the way things are going would be 2025. Please keep us updated. I would suggest getting all of your electronics on order if you haven’t.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Your location and dealer location would be a big factor for starters.

I would not feel bad calling the dealer directly. The old saying “The squeeky wheel gets greased” comes to mind.

I would expect boat rigging to be an issue. Getting electronics and trolling motors is going to be a problem due to the circuit board and chip shortage. Toys are going to be last to get filled is what I’m hearing.

So you my want to ask the question 2 ways: 1. When will I get what I ordered? (Fully rigged and ready) or 2. What about boat/motor/trailer and come back for rigging later?

Good Luck,

-J.

Ripjiggen

Trolling motors maybe but worked the sport show and everyone had plenty of electronics. I did not look in to trolling motors though.
    I would call to check but if the original date back then was 5/1 I would say that date is doubtful.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I wouldn’t wait until May 1 to at least contact your dealer and find out what information Lund gives them about the build and delivery dates. However…

Be prepared to be told “they don’t tell us anything” until it’s built and/or shipped. Which, of course, would beg the question where did you get the May 1 date from…

Not that there’s anything you can do about it except wait anyway. I mean, nobody’s going to risk giving up their place in line when for all they know their boat could get built tomorrow.

I waited 2 years for a SXS/UTV and this seems to be just the way it is with rec toys right now. Customer satisfaction? Who cares! The dealer attitude is you’re lucky to get one at all.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Ordered a New Lund last year, expect to get your boat by the end summer and if it shows up early your lucky.

stevenoak

Just thinking. It sucks having to buy Trolling motor and electronics as you find them. By the time your boat shows up, they may be out of warranty. Maybe if you buy from your boat dealer, they may be able to hold the components. Then start the warranties when they are installed. May be better in the long run than picking things up here and there.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I got super lucky last August and found the rig I wanted in stock because it was a customer return due to a change of mind. However, my Ulterra just arrived last week….took them almost 7 months to a get a trolling motor.

Donaldo Copalla
    Grand Marais, MN.

Your location and dealer location would be a big factor for starters.

I would not feel bad calling the dealer directly. The old saying “The squeeky wheel gets greased” comes to mind.

I would expect boat rigging to be an issue. Getting electronics and trolling motors is going to be a problem due to the circuit board and chip shortage. Toys are going to be last to get filled is what I’m hearing.

So you my want to ask the question 2 ways: 1. When will I get what I ordered? (Fully rigged and ready) or 2. What about boat/motor/trailer and come back for rigging later?

Good Luck,

-J.

I’d agree especially with dealer location !

Ordered mine on 02/06/2021 and received my deposit back on 08/28/2021
    hit the inner web and found exactly what I wanted @ Iron Mountain Powersports
    Hooked up with Clint, everything was done over the phone with NO SURPRISES !

Your the Customer, keeping in touch with your dealer sends a message
    your on top of things.

Jas270

Still waiting on mine. Ordered in November, possible build in May. The dealer says they want more money over what I signed for cause Lund has raised prices and Mercury is supposed to do so as well – extremely unhappy. Anyone else being told the same thing?

MX1825

Still waiting on mine. Ordered in November, possible build in May. The dealer says they want more money over what I signed for cause Lund has raised prices and Mercury is supposed to do so as well – extremely unhappy. Anyone else being told the same thing?

Do you have a signed order showing price and deposit? If you do and the dealer won’t honor it you have 2 options:
    1. Pay extra for your boat and be a p offed customer and
    2. Take dealer to court. If you win you will need a different dealer for service..

Jas270

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jas270 wrote:</div>

Do you have a signed order showing price and deposit? If you do and the dealer won’t honor it you have 2 options:
    1. Pay extra for your boat and be a p offed customer and
    2. Take dealer to court. If you win you will need a different dealer for service..

Yep agreed that those are likely my only two options. I do have a signed Bill of Sale showing itemized prices and my deposit. While the legal route is likely a possibility it will damage the relationship and cost as much as the price increase. Basically no other options to get a boat though so tough to walk away and prove a point and if I do walk away I’m likely buying a boat at a high price anyway.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Yep agreed that those are likely my only two options. I do have a signed Bill of Sale showing itemized prices and my deposit.

Have you signed any contract or document that indicates the deasler reserves the right to raise the price? What state are you in?

I would stick it out and go the court route. Dealer automatically wins whether you pay more or give up. If you give up they get to jack the price and sell to someone else. The only way for you to in here is to take legal action, but be sure you have a case first. Triple check everything that you signed and that came with your deposit.

Brad Baker

Hello, new member here from CO. Thanks for having me.

I sold my Crossover in Dec 21 for close to what I paid and ordered my new Lund in late Dec. The boat just arrived yesterday. After the Bimini is built and the dealer dresses it out I’ll be able to pick it up. Probably about 2 weeks from now.
    I remember in 17 when I bought my Crossover it was delayed a couple months. This boat was right on schedule.
    Good luck. I’m starting to think it may have something to do with the dealer and the amount of volume they pump out for Lund.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Lund is on schedule from what I’ve seen. We’ll see if the dealers are ready and have ordered items on hand for the boat buyers, or if they’ve dropped the ball and not ordered your electronics yet.

Stanley

Are you trading in a boat? May be able to renegotiate your trade to help offset the price increase. I ordered mine (alumacraft) last January with a March/April delivery date. I didn’t get mine until October and the dealer honored the deal we made in January but I’m guessing they made up some of the difference when they sold my trade.

Jas270

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jas270 wrote:</div>

Are you trading in a boat? May be able to renegotiate your trade to help offset the price increase. I ordered mine (alumacraft) last January with a March/April delivery date. I didn’t get mine until October and the dealer honored the deal we made in January but I’m guessing they made up some of the difference when they sold my trade.

I’m not trading in my other boat so that won’t be an option. I realize supply chains are very messed up right now and it is a huge task managing production, pricing, lead times, customer expectations etc. I don’t think anyone would have guessed how much the world would have changed from November till now. That being said, there also has to be some mechanisms to protect customers and it can’t be a take it or leave it approach.

phoyem
    Minneapolis

I ordered a 20 ft Lund Alaskan last May (2021) and it arrived end of August 2021. Went through Nelson Marine and have only good things to say about them! I’m guessing my 3 month turn around time wasn’t typical though; even Nelson Marine was surprised when it arrived; they first told me early December.

Terry Reed

I called the dealer and I am on target for May 2022 delivery. He did not mention anything about additional costs.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Wow…what dealer is it? Everyone should know so they can avoid that place.

I suggest emailing Lund customer service to report this and “cc” the dealer so they see it too. State that you expect your signed purchase contract to be honored and ask Lund to intervene on your behalf with the dealer.

Terry Reed

What am I reporting to Lund? As long as the boat is delivered by end of May and they stick to their price, what’s the issue?

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

What am I reporting to Lund? As long as the boat is delivered by end of May and they stick to their price, what’s the issue?

Terry, I think that post above yours was directed at Jas270, not you.

HRG

Dan Baker

Not Lund, but I went through this with my new Alumacraft last year. My advise is to contact the dealer regularly, but always respectfully for updates and info. My dealer said that BRP asked all the dealers to tack on an additional charge of several thousand dollars, but the dealer refused and wound up eating the cost themselves rather than push it on to existing orders. I was super impressed by that and very thankful.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Terry Reed wrote:</div>

Terry, I think that post above yours was directed at Jas270, not you.

Yeah, sorry for any confusion…my comment was for Jas270 with a dealer raising the price after the sale contract is signed and order submitted.

For your case where you simply haven’t heard an update? It’s entirely reasonable for you to call them and check.

Benny

I ordered a 20 ft Lund Alaskan last May (2021) and it arrived end of August 2021. Went through Nelson Marine and have only good things to say about them! I’m guessing my 3 month turn around time wasn’t typical though; even Nelson Marine was surprised when it arrived; they first told me early December.

I had this same experience with Nelson’s as well. I ordered my boat in early Dec (2020) and received it by the second week of March, over a month ahead of my original estimate. They also fixed a couple warranty issues for me within a day.
    Nothing but good things to say about working with them.

terry Mcardle

The dealers have the most up to date information. However, I can tell you, the factory is still fighting through supplier shortages.
    T-Mac

Terry Reed

My boat is finished but has not arrived at the dealer. I did learn that the onboard battery charger is on backorder with no date when it will be available. Has anyone heard what the hold up is with the battery chargers and is there any end date in sight?

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Hope you get the charger soon.

Have not heard for sure but most likely it is chip or circuit board that is not available. I have a Minn Kota MK-330 PCL Precision On-Board Charger on back order since early April with no ETA.

Would have looked at other brands but the last Minn Kota MK330 Digital was sold with the old boat and was still working fine after 14 years.

Terry Reed

Has anyone heard of there’s been any progress on MK onboard chargers being delivered? Think we can expect our orders filled in 2022??

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.