New Auger Time

• Netguy
    Minnetonka

Complain to StrikeMaster.

CaptainMusky

Complain to StrikeMaster.

What good would that do when he purchased this from a retailer? Are you thinking that Strikemaster might make it right or somehow punish this retailer?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I sent a nice email today and opened a PayPal dispute just asking for him to put in a call tag with Speedy to pick it up and send me what I ordered. You would think a small business owner would do the right thing 100% his fault. Social media blast will hurt his sales if he does not come through.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Update, The PayPal dispute must have worked as the owner Jeff called me today and said they will send a call tag for pick up and get me the right item I ordered.
    Happy this worked out

Coletrain27

Hopefully he comes through and makes it right with you

Netguy
    Minnetonka

What good would that do when he purchased this from a retailer? Are you thinking that Strikemaster might make it right or somehow punish this retailer?

I would think StrikeMaster might give the retailer a call to discuss the situation.

CaptainMusky

I would think StrikeMaster might give the retailer a call to discuss the situation.

That is probably true. I have heard nothing about good things working with Strikemaster over the years.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Im even more impressed with the E40. Fished this morning drilled 50-60 holes throughout the day. 0 issues with the auger at all. Did not keep the batteries warm at all and still ran great. Still showing full charge on the battery I used which is great!

Ryan Schwartz

Im even more impressed with the E40. Fished this morning drilled 50-60 holes throughout the day. 0 issues with the auger at all. Did not keep the batteries warm at all and still ran great. Still showing full charge on the battery I used which is great!

Eskimo/Ardisam really hit a home run with that auger. Haven’t used it but heard the rave reviews. Kind of kicking myself for not picking it up in favor of the Ion Alpha, which I have yet to use due to ice thickness, or lack thereof. Unless you turn the lake into Swiss cheese on every outing, I think the E40 will work for the majority of anglers.

Farm and Fleet does have the 8″ composite on sale for $470…https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1477540-eskimo-e40-electric-auger-8-composite-bit.html

10klakes

I don’t think it has the 2nd battery so not a great deal.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I don’t think it has the 2nd battery so not a great deal.

Correct. So not a great deal

SconnieFib

January 13, 2024 at 9:22 pm#2247403
    Carter Johnson wrote:

Eskimo/Ardisam really hit a home run with that auger. Haven’t used it but heard the rave reviews. Kind of kicking myself for not picking it up in favor of the Ion Alpha, which I have yet to use due to ice thickness, or lack thereof. Unless you turn the lake into Swiss cheese on every outing, I think the E40 will work for the majority of anglers.

Why would you want the E40 over the Alpha you aready own? The Alpha is the superior machine. ???

Ryan Schwartz

January 13, 2024 at 9:22 pm#2247403
    Carter Johnson wrote:

Why would you want the E40 over the Alpha you aready own? The Alpha is the superior machine. ???

Many for the weight and I don’t cut a ton of holes when I’m out. A dozen holes would be a “busy” day for me. Not to toot my own horn, but I don’t have issues getting on fish so I don’t need a ton of holes…now catching them is another story.

At this point, I am waiting for Mother Nature to give me enough ice to use any electric auger. Want to keep total weight to a minimum on extended early ice, so my trusty Lazer hand auger is my weapon of choice for busting through the ice for now.

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I think first and foremost you should base your decision on how thick the ice you fish is typically and how much ice your cutting in a day. Some of the new augers do cut a significantly larger amount of ice than others.

For me I run the lite flight with a drill as my ice rarely gets over 20 inches. I have multiple 5 amp batteries so that system works for me.

Second I would look at if you have a vehicle to get around with like a wheeler, side by side or if you drive your vehicle regularly. If so then weight maybe is not a huge difference obviously for the couple of times you walk out.

At then end of the day I agree with most of the comments in that whatever “new” auger you get the best deal on you will like as they all are approximately the same.

grpubl7
    Central WI

Had a couple of chances to use the Eskimo E40 Composite (8 inch) and am thoroughly satisfied. 20-25 holes through 10″ of hard ice and it was a real joy compared to other electric’s I had tried, my old gas augers or my Milwaukee Fuel with 5/6/7 inch augers sizes. No hanging up when breaking through and more power than I will ever need. Not a hard core test that MN and ND folks will give an auger mind you.

After 6 back surgeries, everying must be lightweight and this fits the bill. Increasing age doesn’t help matters either.

Have picked up a Universal Adapter for my Milwaukee Fuel setup for panfish (smaller holes) and when facing shallower ice. Breaking through using those Lazer type blades is a killer on the wrists and being able to have that handle to brace against one’s body will save from breaking a wrist.

Attachments:
    1. 51cRCWP8FNL._SL1500_.jpg

2. 20240122_075932-scaled.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Ran my auger from Friday at 3 to yesterday around 11. Probably drilled 70 to 120 ish holes with it between my son and I. The 40v is impressive, 12 to 14 inches of ice and that thing still had 1 bar of battery yesterday when I got home.
    I do not regret buying the strikemaster.

Charles

to yesterday around 11. Probably drilled 70 to 120 ish holes with it between my son and I. The 40v is impressive, 12 to 14 inches of ice and that thing still had 1 bar of battery yesterday when I got

That is great to hear, I have been wondering how these are working out for everybody.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

My new Strikemaster Lite is sitting in the bed of my truck. I can only imagine getting out someday and drilling lots of holes with it and catching some nice fish.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I used my Eskimo a lot this weekend. I have never seen anything like it. I cant imagine what the next generational improvement will be.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

My new Strikemaster Lite is sitting in the bed of my truck. I can only imagine getting out someday and drilling lots of holes with it and catching some nice fish.

There is ice on lakes waytogo

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Carter, Time is issue here. Between Work, hockey and drinking, can not find anytime lately. LOL

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Carter, Time is issue here. Between Work, hockey and drinking, can not find anytime lately. LOL

That’s why my kids don’t play hockey.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Well cut out the drinking and you’ll have the time jester

Charles

I am glad my kid is not playing hockey anymore lol.

Viewing 25 posts - 91 through 115 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.