New Auger Time

• 10klakes

Eskimo 40v for like $475 plus a 2nd battery is a heck of a deal compared to other prices. The batteries have less amps than the Alpha but with 2 batteries you should be good to go for a while, especially with the weight savings. I run a drill but makes me consider getting one.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m pulling I pulled the trigger on the Eskimo E40. Thanks for all the info guys. I will offer some feedback this winter. I still have two gas augers with extensions in case I fish the north pole!!

CaptainMusky

Your saying this against the new alpha ? Because my eyes have seen it many many times. They are both great and the faster cutting is pretty lame claim to fame. But the ion did beat the 40v sm in every category last season on late ice up on lotw

I should have qualified my comment that it was NOT a new Alpha.

3Rivers

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    Your saying this against the new alpha ? Because my eyes have seen it many many times. They are both great and the faster cutting is pretty lame claim to fame. But the ion did beat the 40v sm in every category last season on late ice up on lotw

I should have qualified my comment that it was NOT a new Alpha.

SMH

Hookset
    Southern MN

I’m pulling I pulled the trigger on the Eskimo E40. Thanks for all the info guys. I will offer some feedback this winter. I still have two gas augers with extensions in case I fish the north pole!!

Look forward to hearing the review, I’m still using an ion and on year 5 or 6, hasn’t let me down yet. But look forward to hearing and seeing how all the latest models do!

Brittman

I actually have the extension for my 24V SM. Never even close to needing it … yet anyways.

My buddy and I bought the SM 24v last year. We love them. He has the 6″ I have the 8″ The battery’s seem to hold up all day, and the auger bits seem to work well also. It doesn’t matter to us we we drill a hole it 3 seconds or 15 seconds, it drills holes just fine. I have not used the ion or Eskimos so I can’t say anything about them.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

To the OP, why not just get a new battery?

I have once and even got the larger Amp model. That one started to fail end of last season. I’ll still use my Gen 1 ion for first ice but wanted some new tech for the thicker stuff. Plus the lighter weight won’t hurt my feelings either.

milemark_714

Hmmmm. Nobody mentions the Jiffy Lightning??? ???

It’s a little heavier and more expensive than others.An older guy I fish with bought one on sale,it seems to be decent and has more metal parts like the handles.No idea on how many holes per charge yet.

CaptainMusky

SMH

Shake your head all you want but that was the first time mentioned the alpha. This was comparing the generation before that and I was far from impressed. Battery life sucked and it’s so damn short plus I hate the handle design. Not everyone is 5 foot 4.

tswoboda

Gotta love a good old fashion auger battle thread. Who says forums are dying jester

Randall Schultz

Just got the Eskimo to replace my SM 24 V!

Should be no comparison!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Love my Strikemaster 40v with the composite auger, but I don’t think you’d go wrong with an Ion either. They both cut and feel very nice and are a HUGE upgrade over gas. Try them out in a store and get a feel for both side by side and see which fits you better.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Grabbed one of the Eskimo E40s 8″ with the steel auger. Got to use it a little last weekend and it seems awesome. not much of a test yet but too good of a deal to pass up.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Good to hear. Mine hasn’t touched ice yet. bawling

deertracker

Gotta love a good old fashion auger battle thread. Who says forums are dying jester

Yeah but what documentation do you need to take your auger into Canada? rotflol
    DT

JEREMY
    BP

I will stick with my Milwaukee and K drill cause while your augers laid around all summer collecting dust mine remodeled my deer stand.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I will stick with my Milwaukee and K drill cause while your augers laid around all summer collecting dust mine remodeled my deer stand.

Cool beans.

tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>

Yeah but what documentation do you need to take your auger into Canada?
    rotflol
    DT

Great now I’m labelled as the annoying border crossing guy aren’t I jester
    GD that sh!t gets me riled up chased

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Great now I’m labelled as the annoying border crossing guy aren’t I

Yep, your tee shirt is on the way already! jester

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

But can you cross with your minnesota limit of walleyes then also take your Canadian limit??

If you like your ion, gonlook at a brand new one. That is what you are used to, stick with it. I always have used strike master. I have the 24v and really like it. I cannot speak on other units, as I’ve never used them. I like how light it is and it cuts a hole in the ice.

tim hurley

Auger? This year just use a butter knife rotflol

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Finally used the E40 today. It was impressive. Light and powerful. Only 5 inches of ice but I drilled a lot of holes effortlessly. It’s fast! Right now I am nothing but smiles using it. We’ll see how it does once the ice gets thicker but I expect excellent performance regardless. Did I mention how lite it is? waytogo

billy03z71

Scheels has some good deals right now for anyone still looking.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I got to give mine a way better test yesterday too. I agree with everything you said! Only 7” of ice but what was really nice is I didnt have to keep the battery warm at all. Left it on the auger all day and had no issues. I used to run a drill and nils auger and that drill sucked to keep warm.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I see I can get the e 40 for about 400 right now. But I must of missed the free battery promotion. If that’s the case I will keep waiting until that or another have that deal. I really should of fif it 2 weeks ago on the fleet farm sale, 20 percent off with free second battery

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I see I can get the e 40 for about 400 right now. But I must of missed the free battery promotion. If that’s the case I will keep waiting until that or another have that deal. I really should of fif it 2 weeks ago on the fleet farm sale, 20 percent off with free second battery

That would have been a crazy deal. That second battery is worth it. I do see scheels has the ion gen 3 for $420 right now. One of their batteries is 2000” of ice and eskimos is 1300” which i am assuming is why they did the promo. An extra 600” of ice over the ION.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I found this deal.
    130 less then reeds plus free battery which reeds isn’t doing nor is scheels

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240108_054442_Gmail.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.