New Auger/Ice Shack

• Nick Johnson

In the market for a new electric auger and shack. I know the st paul show has good deals. I also know some stores offer discounts. What are your guys best advice to get an auger and shack at a reasonable price? Thanks!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

In the market for a new electric auger and shack. I know the st paul show has good deals. I also know some stores offer discounts. What are your guys best advice to get an auger and shack at a reasonable price? Thanks!

It’s mind boggling the number of anglers who forefit a great early ice weekend to go stand in a pack of people in the cities. No thanks.

bigpike

Im kinda torn on this one. Bucky has a point but going to the show if you know what your doing can lead to big time scores. And I live 4 hours away.

My advice is go with a group of friends with cash in hand. I found Reeds is a great place to deal with if you bundle for multiple items. Say a couple guys want shacks, a couple guys want augers etc. Weekdays are better but Sunday can be great because they dont want to take the stuff home. Fine line there is they might be out of what you want so flexibility is key. Good luck.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Buying used will be the best deal. Search CL and FB for deals.

bruce anderson

I agree and disagree. I like to go to the shows. But they just about always mark up prices to make you think your getting a deal when they say 10 percent off.
    And buying used? It might be a year old but how used is it? A lot of resorts sell there augers every year for cheap. That have a lot more use than you think. Gota be careful.

The Pessimist

I would also consider going to the Hard Water Expo in Blaine November15-17. I have scored some good deals at the expo. There are fewer exhibitors, but it is much less crowded and the parking is free.

I agree with Bucky about going to the St. Paul show and missing a day or weekend of early ice. I only go to St. Paul if I can’t get on the ice.

Kirk Charipar
    west central wi

Here’s something for you

Attachments:
    1. Capture_2019-09-08-14-56-00.png

2. Capture_2019-09-08-14-48-25.png

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Go to the Blaine Hardwater show and you will score the same if not better deal. You will also deal with less traffic and easy pick up. Buying a combination house auger will get you a better deal.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Most deals at the show will start at 20% off all the booths. If you know what you are looking for you can already work a deal with each vendor. Cash will get you better deals. We have got anywhere from 40-50% off gear with cash.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I would shop used on CL once folks start getting itchy for new models…especially Otter owners who didn’t upgrade to the side entry models last year but will this year…sure you might need to pass on one that’s not in as good of shape as the ad said it was, but you’ll soon find one that was taken care of and you’ll save alot of $$ that could then be used on an Auger, Rods or accessories…

Same likely true with Ion Auger owners looking to upgrade to the new model this year…

PETERVK

I was in the same situation last year, I went to the Thorne Bros “Portable Customizing Contest”, this year it is Sept 28th. Eskimo, Clam & Otter had all of their models out, plenty of reps from each company, 20% off on just about everything and I don’t remember a better discount than that at any of the other shows I went too, for shacks anyway.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.