New 2018 WX 2060 Coming Soon / Sneak Peek

• Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Recently at our 2018 Skeeter Dealer meeting, we had the opportunity to see and drive the prototype all new 2060.
    I stress that what I am sharing here is preliminary and not final. The actual finished product should be here be late fall. The minute one hits the ground we will announce and make available for test rides. My best guess is November sometime, but to be determined.

Couple things that clearly are different from the past models is a front deck that is nearly 25% bigger in total space. You will also notice a convertible rear seat and removable back rest in lieu of traditional jump seats. This allows for much more storage. Myself when I fish, I never have more than 2 seats in the boat and seldom use the rear seat option. The rear center seating actually gives more flexibility in my opinion.

Again, I stress this is the sneak peek and a few things are subject to change after getting input from the Skeeter dealers.
    As with everything, some folks will embrace and some folks wont, but it will be fun to see what you think when we get the new finished product for your test drive !

Attachments:
    1. 2060-flyer.jpg

2. 2018-2060-5.jpg

3. 2018-2060-4.jpg

4. 2018-2060.jpg

5. 2018-2060-3.jpg

6. 2018-2060-2.jpg

carver
    West Metro

What is in the corners where the jumps seats were? I assume storage, is lit like the MX where 8 plano boxes can fit in there?

Ryan

No splash well…….?

Nitro has that. I have gotten wet a couple of times in my buddies boat when in the back kneeing down trolling or netting fish when rough!

Personally I use the flip down seats every time I have more then 2 people in the boat. Only time I use the extra seat is when it is rough out or cold out to get the passengers up closer to the windshield. I will hate to see those go away.

Bones74

I like what I see. The bigger front deck will be a welcome change. The jump seat, I can take them or leave them not a big deal either way. May have to upgrade my 2014 wx2060

clawman
    Spokane Wa

With their FS series Ranger added holders for pliers in several locations, does this boat have those? Same storage in the gunnels as the current models? How much bigger is the front deck? Is it wider or the windshield moved back? I have been reluctant to part with my MX and look at the WX because I do not like the jump seats so I am now a buyer for this new model.
    I added a 36″ track behind each rail for downriggers, is that still possible?
    WOW I’m excited to stay in a Skeeter rather than change brands.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

hmmm…it’s been 3 years, feeling the itch again…
    ;-)

gregl2017

Thanks for posting early Dean!

My garage build is starting this month, so I will be looking at next year for our boat order )

I gotta say, I hope they change their minds on a few of these changes.

I really like the idea of a larger bow platform, most of the time it’s just 2 people in our boat. So I don’t need a huge huge trolling area, but do like a larger than average area in the back, this sounds like the perfect boat for us!

PLEASE! get them to drop the rod tubes!!! A big selling feature for me is no rod tubes in the center locker. UGH!

The back seat I will leave until I see it in person for judgement. I do prefer the thought of the flip up seats. I’m not a pro so I don’t need crazy amounts of storage above what’s already provide in the current model.

Can’t wait to see this boat!

Dean Marshall

With their FS series Ranger added holders for pliers in several locations, does this boat have those? Same storage in the gunnels as the current models? How much bigger is the front deck? Is it wider or the windshield moved back? I have been reluctant to part with my MX and look at the WX because I do not like the jump seats so I am now a buyer for this new model.
    I added a 36″ track behind each rail for downriggers, is that still possible?
    WOW I’m excited to stay in a Skeeter rather than change brands.

tool holders -yes ! Actually, Skeeter added that 2 years ago on most WX models.

Trax, certainly yes !

Dean Marshall

Here is a better picture of the new rear seat option. To be honest, first impression I had a panic attack ! :]

After being in the boat and driving, envisioning how I rig a boat and store tackle, I like it! The live well is still functional, and the back rest and seat are both easily removable.

one of the downsides of jump seats in rough water, is you can be at the mercy of spraying wind blown water. To eliminate getting wet, I personally just sat in the center livewell. The extra storeage options will be of benefit to me as I really dislike a clutter filled floor or deck.

Attachments:
    1. back-seat-.jpg

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Dean,
    Is it my imagination, or can’t the ski pylon and seat backrest be used at the same time?

HRG

Randy Thompson
    Appleton, WI

Sorry Guys,
    I am not sold on the changes of this new look, the price hike doesn’t justify the lower grade electronics, lack of the bow rail that was standard or the 2 new speakers that replaced 4 plano tackle trays in the bow. That is where they are stating they gained bow room, narrower gunnels. The new 2060 looks more like a Ranger, just my opinion.

gregl2017

If i had my vote, i’d lose the speakers and bluetooth stereo i’m looking for a walleye boat not a ski boat.

Skeeter please put the those storage areas back on the bow gunnels.

mmm… I may end up goin to a 2190 or warrior now.

Will be fun deciding !!!

queenswake
    NULL

They need to figure out how to at least put grab handles onto the bottom cushion of that back seat. Even the biggest guy needs to have something to hold onto when going over those big waves. Kids? Forget it. They are not staying put on this thing without handles.

The seat is an interesting idea, and worth a try, but I just see a year in this model and you’d be wishing for normal jump seats.

Chad Engels
    Fargo, ND

As long as those “bay cruiser” cushions can be removed I absolutely love this boat. I will take the big storage lockers over jump seats any day. I will also take more bow floor space over those tiny tackle compartments they had if that is indeed the trade off.

Is the small rectangle on the bow carpet at the very front a removable panel for a recessed tray so you can use a cable drive trolling motor? If so, well done Skeeter! Cable steer ultrex is the future. I hope they also add rod holes in front of the consoles and rod straps on the front deck floor so you can lay your rods down flat on the bow floor like the Ranger 620 has.

I like the direction they are going.

clawman
    Spokane Wa

I’d still like to learn the possibilities of a thicker gunnel in the cockpit section. Just a couple of inches would allow the use of 3700 boxes. After fishing out of a lot of Ranger 620, Nitro ZX and Lunds with the boxes in the rear I hate dancing around those to reach over the side.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

are there seat post bases anywhere on that back deck???

gregl2017

I don’t see any seat posts in the back (

I personally hate this push to turn true fishing machines into a duel purpose fish & ski boats. I get why they do it, but I hate it HAHA!

I better hurry up and order my boat before they are all fish/ski boats UGH! LOL!

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

They need to figure out how to at least put grab handles onto the bottom cushion of that back seat. Even the biggest guy needs to have something to hold onto when going over those big waves. Kids? Forget it. They are not staying put on this thing without handles.

The seat is an interesting idea, and worth a try, but I just see a year in this model and you’d be wishing for normal jump seats.

The seat base needs to be made narrower, and the grab handles moved to the sides. Leaving the grab handles where they are invites someone to use them as a step, and the sound of them ripping out of the fiberglass will be sickening,,,,

HRG

Attachments:
    1. back-seat-1-1.jpg

gregl2017

Ya I don’t see how the handles are usable at all and what’s with the grab rail at the back.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Seat posts on the back deck?
    The current model doesn’t have seat posts on the back deck either like the mx series that does have 2.

I like the flexibility to have ski pole if one chooses, one thing mine currently doesn’t have and will be added soon. Family day put it in and pull the kids. Fishing day, out it goes.

I also see that the cluster buttons in the cockpit have changed. I’d like to see a close up of those changes. )

The middle seat, well thats not for me personally. I really like the jump seats to keep the back deck clean/more room available if taking 4 people.
    Getting those passengers wet depends on whose sitting back there.
    If you don’t want to get them sprayed, adjust the tabs.
    If you do want to get them wet its all the more fun. Right Erick…..

Radio! Yes with 4 speakers! Double thumbs up there.

Will the jump seats be available as an add?
    If you have any additional pictures of the new button cluster would be great.

Skeeter, making a great boat better

Attachments:
    1. wx2060.png

Chad Engels
    Fargo, ND

The front deck looks perfect. I think I see rod tie-downs and a cover for placing a recessed cable drive foot peddle like the bass boats have. Well done!

I agree with the comments about the need for rear seat post. Skeeter fans have been asking for this for years. Even the 18 foot Nitro ZV 18 made by Bass Pro Shops got this figured out. All Skeeter has to do is make a split door rear live well with the seat post and ski pylon in the middle. I do like the storage on either side of the livewell for 3700 planos. The Nitro has the perfect rear deck if you are not into jump seats like me.

Attachments:
    1. ZV18_img157392_1000.jpg

2. ZV18_img165647_1000.jpg

Dean Marshall

Dean,
    Is it my imagination, or can’t the ski pylon and seat backrest be used at the same time?

HRG

Yes it is HRG !

Dean Marshall

are there seat post bases anywhere on that back deck???

On the prototype boat we saw, no. Great feedback and will be mentioned. Worst case I am 90% certain, we could install after word as needed.

Thx for the input !

gregl2017

Hey Dean,

Are you allowed to talk about the “Center Rod Storage Box with mega Rod Tubes”?

I’m curious is this like the other manufactures now that have rod tubes for individual rods?

Dean Marshall

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>queenswake wrote:</div>

The seat base needs to be made narrower, and the grab handles moved to the sides. Leaving the grab handles where they are invites someone to use them as a step, and the sound of them ripping out of the fiberglass will be sickening,,,,

HRG

Great point HRG .

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

what kind of hole/base does the ski pylon use? maybe it can double as a seat base? that would be…effecient.

Dean Marshall

Hey Dean,

Are you allowed to talk about the “Center Rod Storage Box with mega Rod Tubes”?

I’m curious is this like the other manufactures now that have rod tubes for individual rods?

No individual rod tubes in our deep Vs. In the bass boats with tubes, most in the upper Midwest remove & easy to do.

Dean Marshall

What is in the corners where the jumps seats were? I assume storage, is lit like the MX where 8 plano boxes can fit in there?

Yes, or whatever you choose. As a pure fisherman, do we ever have enough plano storeage? :]

Dean Marshall

The front deck looks perfect. I think I see rod tie-downs and a cover for placing a recessed cable drive foot peddle like the bass boats have. Well done!

I agree with the comments about the need for rear seat post. Skeeter fans have been asking for this for years. Even the 18 foot Nitro ZV 18 made by <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>Bass Pro Shops got this figured out. All Skeeter has to do is make a split door rear live well with the seat post and ski pylon in the middle. I do like the storage on either side of the livewell for 3700 planos. The Nitro has the perfect rear deck if you are not into jump seats like me.

Chad, you are 100% correct in you observation! Built in recessed foot pedal for the die hard cable drive, and or ultrex users. Otherwise can be a misc storeage area…

Front deck …. spot on recessed rod opening into the console and retractable rod strap tie downs.

Very observant Chad !

Dean Marshall

what kind of hole/base does the ski pylon use? maybe it can double as a seat base? that would be…effecient.

Good point Mike, sorry my old guy memory isn’t up to par as it should be. Noted & thankyou !

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.