Networking Helix

• Carter Paulson

Hey guys I think I know my answer to my question but maybe not. If I buy say a helix 7 g2n with the DI/GPS/Sonar capabilities then buy like the Sonar only model or whatever, the cheapest model, can I share my DI and GPS to my cheaper unit if they’re running off of the same transducer? Thanks!!

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

You can share the DI, but not the lake map. Helix units can’t share map chips

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Has to be a Helix 7 or above or the older legacy units.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

I thought I was told that the SmartStrike chips allow you to share images of lake maps between units. I may be wrong on this.

Anyone?

Ryan Hughes

Has to be a Helix 7 or above or the older legacy units.

And if considering a helix 7 it has to be a G2N not just a G2. All Gen 1 9/10/12 units will network or the old 800/900/1100 series will as well. And all the new G2N 9/10/12 helixes will as well.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Craig Sery wrote:</div>

I thought I was told that the SmartStrike chips allow you to share images of lake maps between units. I may be wrong on this.

Anyone?

You can only share mapping on the old onix or the new solix series. Helix don’t have that capability so each individual unit must have its own lake card.

Hey guys I think I know my answer to my question but maybe not. If I buy say a helix 7 g2n with the DI/GPS/Sonar capabilities then buy like the Sonar only model or whatever, the cheapest model, can I share my DI and GPS to my cheaper unit if they’re running off of the same transducer? Thanks!!

If you buy the Helix 7 G2N DI and then a Helix 7 G2N sonar/gps you will be able to share your DI and sonar readings from one to the other. Each unit will have its own internal GPS to use. If you want to add one more thing to the network past the two units like an ipilot link system you will need a 5 port ethernet box.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.