Network Issue

• Ryan Haller

I’ve got a network consisting of (2) Helix 12s, an ulterra, and a mega live transducer. I’m running the latest 1.15 f/w for the mega live ducer. Last trip out I was having an odd issue where after only a couple minutes of the mega live ducer being on and in the water, my network would lock up and the graph running the mega live forward mode screen would freeze completely. Couldn’t even hold power button down to reset it. Had to pull power. Everything would boot back up and after few mins, same sequence would occur. Powered down 1 Helix and just ran a single the rest of the day without any issues. Anyone seen or heard of this issue?

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I’ve had that happen twice with one unit, both times it needed to be sent in

Ryan Haller

It ran all winter with that head without issue. Lots of chatter on line in the past about it being an issue with the 5 port switch.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I missed the mega live part, mine was acting up with just the link

marineman

Any chance it’s a weak power supply to the 5 port hub? It might be interesting to monitor voltage at the power feed to the 5 port hub when you turn everything on and see if it drops significantly?

Ryan Haller

I’ll throw a meter on it and check. Just odd that it runs for a time with everything on before it locks up. I’m thinking network traffic and realized that both helix 12s have the mega live ping on. I’m going to try disabling pinging on 1 and see if that does it.

Ryan Haller

Contacted HBird and they got back to me in a couple days. Apparently this is a known issue and they’re going to release a software fix but no eta on timing of release. They said to not run mega live in full screen mode but instead run it in a split view in the interim.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.