network hub in Competitor Sport

• G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

I have a 2019 Alumacraft Competitor Sport 185. Am running a HELIX 9 on the console and a Terrova on the bow. Adding a HELIX 7 up on the bow, to run off the MDI transducer on the TM. Both HELIXes are G3N so I’m going to network all with a Humminbird Hub. There’s a set of wires up on the bow that is controlled by the ACC switch. Question is: Can I run both the HELIX 7 and the network hub off that one pair of wires? Thinking I’ll mount the hub in the front storage compartment, right in front of the driver’s console. TM battery charger is already mounted in there…

Alternative is to mount the hub under the console but I need to locate a connection to the ACC switch (or at least keep it under the control of the main power switch). Thoughts on the better approach?

Fred Garvin

I have a Tournament Sport.
    My Ethernet switch is wired under the drivers console and is powered by an ACC switch, it’s out of the way and no wire or cables exposed.
    My DI at the bow and SI on the console are wired and fused directly to the starting battery, I believe I used 12ga wire.

I have the same wiring as you at the bow but chose not to use it, didn’t want any potential interference or voltage drop issues.

In regards to your question, I would avoid wiring both Ethernet switch and Helix 7.
    Just my .02

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.