New Here

• MarkFast

Hi. I just moved here from the Fargo area. Where would a guy take his family around here to have some fishing fun I have 2 boys that are really missing fishing the red up there. And I was hoping we could have a nice time. Might learn some some new ways to catch the fish in this area. We have always fished perch, pike, catfish and walleye.

kander1

There are a lot of good places to fish but we really have to know what area you are living in to help much.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Getting started? Start out at Deans dock at Everts resort. I guarantee it will snowball from there

Welcome and good luck

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

There are a lot of good places to fish but we really have to know what area you are living in to help much.

x2 .a general area of residence would be very helpful to give advice/

Welcome to IDO

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Welcome. And I agree with Dean’s and needing to know where you are currently located will help. Trust us there are many folks willing to help. And if you want to continue fishing cats like on the Red the Mississippi is pretty awesome for them.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Welcome to the Big Red state.

If you’re like most of the population in our state and live near Lincoln and east, you have a lot of good opportunities out that way. You’ve got Branched Oak which has some nice flatheads, wipers and walleyes, as well as some crappie fishing, and numerous other smaller bodies of water that offer good fishing. Guys like Ben Garver and Chad Mayer would be able to tell you which ones are better to fish. You might also check HERE for more info, lake maps, stocking reports, etc.

If you’re looking at water west of Grand Island, there are a few people out this way that might be able to help you out, including myself.

Have fun out there–

MarkFast

Sorry about the mix up. I just moved in to a ranch about 2 miles south Elk City, NE. Overlooks the Elk River.

tomich
    Omaha, Ne

The Elkhorn has plenty of kitties, Prairie View which is darn near in your backyard has plenty of fish to keep your kids busy. It is located just west of Bennington Lake(the one with all of the enormous houses on it on hwy 36). Lake cunningham is located at about 90th and hwy 36, was recently renevated and has lots of fish, probably on the smaller side. The walleyes are just nearing the 16-18″ range.

That should be enough to get you started close to home.
    I don’t live far from you, so if you need a hand controlling your deer population, just get in touch with me. Way too many in that area.

MarkFast

Thanks for the info. The boys and I will not be able to do much till the water get hard.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.