2002 Johnson 115 Problem

• djorg
    Central City, NE

I am having a problem getting my Crestliner on the water this spring. It seems that last fall my Johnson 115 started having some problems and my mechanic has had the boat for a month now and has not made much progress.

There is not a problem with starting or idling the motor. It even comes out of the hole easy but once it seems to plane out it will lose power and go flat in the water. Last fall it would do that every once in a while but now the mechanic says that it does it all of the time.

Gas lines and filter have been changed and still the engine seems to do the same thing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Down and land dwelling is not fun this time of year.

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

My boat did the same thing last year, it turned out it was the power pack. Cost about $500 to fix and it runs like a top now. Good luck, Dan

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Did you drain the gas and make sure the tank and fuel pick uo are clean?

dea
    Hixton, WI

I would think he checked compression. Could be the power pack. We had a Yamaha 4 stroke a few years ago that would act up a mile down the river, run just great until then, every time out – ended up having to rebuild that one. Hopefully it is just the power pack.

philput
    Knoxville, IL.

take to certified evinrude/johnson certified dealer & have them do diagnostic check!!!

goosehntr

Call youngs marine in north platte. 532-3237. They are possibly the best Omc mechanics in the state. Family has used them several times with various troubles always able to make proper and timely repairs

djorg
    Central City, NE

Hey, thanks guys, I hope to relay these ideas to my mechanic. I know that he will appreciate the ideas as much as I do. Hope to be on the water soon; these flat land walleyes need to be harassed after the spawn.

djorg
    Central City, NE

I’ll be back on the water as soon as this wind calms a bit. The billfold is somewhat lighter; but the enthusiasm has not waned. Carb kits and a power pack were needed. Now a loan from the “better half” and its up to the lake for some walleye fishing.

Oh, BTW …………. whites at the inlet and crappies in the coves, Sherman is turning on.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Great news Jorg!!!

I’ll be at the camper tomorrow and hopfully early enough to get on the water for a little bit. I might try to get the wife on some crappie the following weekend and see if she’ll fish the crappie tournament with me.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

See ya there, Ben! I’m giddy for walleyes…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.