Showdown, Marcum Vx 1 or Lowrance x67 ice machine

• icefisher
    north central nebraska

Im looking at which one is better and can afford. I have already purchased the showdown but will not be delivered until mid February. I would like to know if i should drop that order and get something else or keep the order. Thanks

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

First of all, welcome to the site.
    You sure are in the right place for answers.

A similar question was brought up the other day regarding the showdown -flasher comparison. Ended up going with the Marcum VX1-P.
    Hope it gets you started in the right direction Showdown vs.flasher post

cnv25
    LaCrosse, WI

I know most guys here swear by their Marcums and nothing against them because they are great units, but I love using my showdown. The one big reason I went with the showdown was the amount of options for the price. Especially with the new software upgrade that allows you to zoom down in 1 ft increments instead of 5 ft increments. The upgrade really helps to clear up that surface clutter in the 1-5 ft range you used to see with the older software showdowns.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

I love my marcum. flasher are very reliable and the show down in my opinion is a bit bulky as a pkg. You can probaly search out post compairing them last year. I know James had some opinions. I have never fished with a show down but a friend has one and likes it but I think the target detail is better on a marcum.

pullinbait
    NEBRASKA

I don’t know why people are so stuck on those flashers. Have you ever seen a regular lowrance set up with the ice puck and kit? It destroys any and all flashers, especially when you combine it with the gps capability. My father has used his 334? for a couple of years. It makes a vexilar look stupid.

The great thing about the lowrances is that your lure is a solid line on the screen and it is so much easier to see how the fish is responding to your presentation. It does not make them bite, but it will tell you immediately when they aren’t digging your chili.

duckhuntrrus
    Lexington Ne

I love my X67c and use it both on the ice and from a boat. There is a learning curve to it since it has so many features with it. Go ahead and get on Youtube and type in X67c and see what you get. Tons of great info on there. I swear by mine and use it a bunch. Here are a couple of pics and a short video of how it works.

This is the split screen which allows you to focus on the bottom part of the water column

Here is a short video from a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtMWZkM6TM4

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.