You boys have Fun with the Ditch Parrots

• Todd_NE

I’m headed out East for a meeting Friday for about a week. 2nd opener I’ve missed since I was 8!!!

With all the corn in maybe you guys will leave me some. I know what I’ll be having the following weekend!

German Pheasant (My grandma was German and made it, ala German Pheasant)- Prepare small chunks/strips of pheasant and dredge them in flour, salt and pepper. Add the pheasant to a cast iron or other heavy skillet that has 1/8″ olive oil and a small chunk of butter crisco. Heat it just below medium. Brown the pheasant chunks and remove.

Add in ONE sliced yellow onion per person and turn up the heat a little.(The onions really reduce, trust me on one per person). Start the onions, stirring often. After 5-10 minutes when the onions become limp add the pheasant on top of the onions and cover for 10 minutes turning the heat down a bit. Keep the dish covered and cook for another 30 minutes or so – when the onions carmelize, that is break down, turn black, etc., – serve.

Make sure you shoot the orange ones.

T

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

I won’t be making it out Saturday either. Thank God for the standing corn!!

mike means

There is going to be a smell of sulfur in the air and mass death in front of my dog’s noses.

Mike

nick_harrison
    Garrison, IA

I won’t be making it out this weekend either, I think my dog is going to be extremely mad. There is a ton of corn left though. My dad needs to hurry up with the combining, my favorite spots are still surrounded with corn. Oh well got a bunch of days off next week. Heard populations are good this year, but I haven’t been seeing them. You guys been seeing many? Usually I see them in the mornings along the roads but haven’t this year.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

We are not seeing as many around this year either. I hope that they are there though. I will be able to get out on Sunday.

jd318
    NE Nebraska

I took my son out this past weekend (youth hunt) on both Saturday and Sunday. Only saw 1 bird on Saturday, but was surrounded by corn. Corn was knocked out Saturday evening and we saw 13 birds in the same little area on Sunday. Too bad he wasn’t able to get a shot off on any of them. We’ll try again this weekend.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.