Osborne’s First Letter

• Todd_NE

Letter helps healing
    This will probably help heal some ill will.

The following letter was sent Wednesday to former Nebraska football players:

“The University of Nebraska Football Program was built by you and other players like you who made a lifelong commitment to play for and support the Big Red. Because of you, Nebraska has enjoyed a tradition of excellence over the past five decades that is unprecedented and unmatched by any other team or program.

“On behalf of the University of Nebraska and the Cornhusker Athletic Department, I want you to know that we appreciate your commitment and owe you our gratitude.

“Whether you were a walk-on or scholarship player, from Nebraska or another state, you are a valuable member of this family and a key factor in our school’s storied history of tradition of excellence. We want you to know you are always welcome in your home.

“Please feel free to come visit us — anytime. Just walk in our front door and say you are a former player and I promise you, you will be welcomed with open arms. My office is on the third floor, and as you know, my door is always open. The football coaches are on the second floor and the weight room and athletic medicine are just inside the front doors of the new north stadium complex. You are welcome to come see us at work, attend practice and join us for home games.

“Beginning immediately, a limited number of tickets and sideline passes will be made available for former football players. Additional tickets for guests will be available for purchase, but there will be no charge for these single-game tickets/passes for former players. Next year, we intend to again make available a limited number of season tickets for players to purchase with no donation required.”

The letter concludes with, “I know I speak for everyone here in the athletic department when I say we hope to see you soon.

Best Wishes

Tom Osborne

Tom has also ordered that all the former ALL-American Pictures and bio’s immediately be hung up in the Athletic office hallways. It was reported last night that none were up during an interview of Dave Humm on 590.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Great post Todd!

Already we can see how Dr. Osborne will restore our tradition-rich program. This is jst a start. Thank you Coach!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Here’s the link to the published letter.

Do you think if I walk in there and tell ’em I’m a former player I can score some tickets? I can tell ’em I was a kicker.

Todd_NE

Wife goes to game Saturday and says…

“Osborne hand-picked Solich, right?”

“Yes,” I answer.

“So what makes everyone who hated Solich think Osborne will do better this time?”

“Good question,” I answered.

Todd_NE

I thought I’d stir more up with this. (I swear she said it)

More thoughts from the tall blonde wife –

“Didn’t Solich used to run a lot? Those guys from Texas A & M couldn’t be stopped.”

“How come we never pass downfield?”

“I’ve never saw so many Nebraska guys carried off.”

“That big guy and their QB oughta be tired all week. I think one of them ran every play.”

“How come Nebraska never did anything to stop the run?”

“It was awesome having Tom back. I was tingling like the national anthem was playing.”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.