MU VS NU

• mike means

Let’s get the smack talk rolling. As some of you know, I am not a Nebraska hater but a true Missori Boy. Grew up in NW Missouri and have been a fan of the Tigers since I can remember. I lost alot of bets last year, but plan on collecting alot this year. I am predicting Mizzou 41 Nebraska 24. Lets stick with the tradition of the last 2 games at MU. Let’s hear your predictions. Either way lets hope for a good and injury free game.

Mike

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Wish I could argue with you, but I can’t. We suck!! We were favored by 21 over Iowa St and couldn’t even cover that. NU fb is dead as we knew it. All I know is I hope we’re favored against MU so I can put everything I own on it and DOUBLE IT!!!

shermanator
    Nebraska

All I know, is that it ain’t going to be pretty for the scarlet and cream!

channelcatben
    South Minneapolis

Quote:

Let’s get the smack talk rolling.

I don’t really talk that much smack, being a Husker fan and all. I leave that to guys from Florida and the PAC-10.

It’s gonna be a game, by golly. I think both teams will be fired up big time, knowing that this game could determine the north, which just got a heck of a lot more interesting this last weekend. I’m just hoping the Blackshirts show up, instead of the Pinkshirts.

My prediction: NU 27, MU 24, decided in the last minute.

Ben

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Other than the trouble with the special teams early, the game wasn’t really that bad on Saturday. We have a real chance to win this game but Sam is going to have to do another great job.

Skers – 42
    Mizzou- 38

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Let’s get the smack talk rolling. As some of you know, I am not a Nebraska hater but a true Missori Boy. Grew up in NW Missouri and have been a fan of the Tigers since I can remember. I lost alot of bets last year, but plan on collecting alot this year. I am predicting Mizzou 41 Nebraska 24. Lets stick with the tradition of the last 2 games at MU. Let’s hear your predictions. Either way lets hope for a good and injury free game.

Mike

Mike, It should be a great game with a lot of scoring… A good old fasion shootout. I don’t know if you’ll find too many red-clad folks to engage in any smack talk this year. Many Husker fans have decided to bag on their own team because we have a suspect defense this year and have pulled out close wins over teams that are supposed to be far inferior to Nebraska. Some Husker fans are giving their best Colorado fan impression this season.

But, in the name of friendly sports banter, I’ll take you up on your offer. I’m a Husker fan. Always have been. Always will be. I’ve seen every play of every game this season, including the game against ISU on Saturday. Don’t let the numbers fool you. The Huskers will march into Memorial Stadium in Columbia on Saturday night and leave Tiger fans crying in their Busch Light. Even though the Huskers aren’t as dominant as they have been at times, the universe has not turned upside down just yet. The Huskers will find a way to win a tough one on the road. I’ll go with a final score of Huskers 34, Tigers 30.

As you said, to a good and injury-free game!

jd318
    NE Nebraska

Quote:

Other than the trouble with the special teams early, the game wasn’t really that bad on Saturday.

Yep, if you view those 2 special teams “errors” as turnovers (gave the ball back to ISU) NU had 5 turnovers in the first half and still went into halftime with the lead. The game could have been really ugly if NU protects the ball.

On to Missouri…I realize Mizzou has a potent offense, but they don’t have Brad Smith anymore (who had career days the last 2 times in Columbia.) Their defense is very poor. NU’s offense is also potent, when the ball is protected. The defense is just not playing well. I just gotta believe they will start playing more like “blackshirts” one of these weeks.

I say NU wins by more than 1 TD. NU 42 MU 31.

JD

mike means

Quote:

Quote:

Other than the trouble with the special teams early, the game wasn’t really that bad on Saturday.

Yep, if you view those 2 special teams “errors” as turnovers (gave the ball back to ISU) NU had 5 turnovers in the first half and still went into halftime with the lead. The game could have been really ugly if NU protects the ball.

On to Missouri…I realize Mizzou has a potent offense, but they don’t have Brad Smith anymore (who had career days the last 2 times in Columbia.) Their defense is very poor. NU’s offense is also potent, when the ball is protected. The defense is just not playing well. I just gotta believe they will start playing more like “blackshirts” one of these weeks.

I say NU wins by more than 1 TD. NU 42 MU 31.

JD

JD,

The last time I checked Brad Smith was still running down I-70 untouched. The Tiger defense has been very poor this year also, but our offense is top shelf. I thought we were going to have a uphill battle after the Illini game, but after seeing what they did to Penn State this weekend, who knows?
    Then again we beat 2 National Champions in the 90’s and had them end as losses due to a missed call and a 5th down.

Mike

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Then again we beat 2 National Champions in the 90’s and had them end as losses due to a missed call and a 5th down.

Mike

mike means

Zach,

I am assuming this is the look that most Nebraska fans are going to have late Saturday night. Again I want to emphasize that if Nebraska wasn’t playing my home state team I would be cheering for them, especially if it is one of the new teams in the Big 8 errrrrrrrrrr I mean 12.

Todd_NE

Pretty quiet in here. Maybe only “bad” fans like me noticed the meltdown at Mizzou. I wonder what their recruiting classes were ranked. No matter, I’m sure Stanfords were below USC’s.

That said, OSU and AM are both flawed teams we should…. beat. Right?

tomich
    Omaha, Ne

When I looked at the remainder of the schedule yesterday, A&M and ok. St were the only games I thought we have a chance to win. But I doubt we can beat both of them. Is 6 – 6 mediocre? What about 5 – 7?

jason-cyboron
    Lincoln, NE

I usually don’t join in on the Husker chat topics. I kind of wrote off this year before it started. Prior to the first game I haven’t been real impressed with Keller, but I had know idea how bad our defense would turn out to be. I’d be really suprised if they win another game this year. We need to do something to turn the defence around before we even have a chance to win. I haven’t done the homework myself, but a in conversation at work several co-workers found it kind of ironic how Wisconsin’s defence did a 180 after Cosgrove was gone. I’m not saying he should be fired, but what will happen if we don’t win another game this year?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

About the only positive thing I can say about the current situation is that it has appeared to bring Husker Nation together. Prior to this weekend there were at least two camps of Husker fans. Now, almost every Husker fan hates he current coaching staff! At least we’re united once again!

I guess there’s not much to say. It’s sad. Very sad. I’ve talked to some former players and have been listening to interviews with former players like Damon Benning and Matt Davidson. And I’ve been talking with other life-long Husker fans like myself. It’s tough to see these former players and Husker faithful so disheartened. I’ve tried to stay hopeful. I’ve tried to stay positive. But at this point I can no longer support this staff. The coaches have lost this team, and they’ve lost me (along with thousands of other Husker fans). I’ll continue to support the team in every way I can. I went to last weeks game and I’ll go this weekend if possible. But, it’s time for a change. The recent resignation of Associate AD Paul Meyers is cause for major concern. There’s definitely more to that story. I’ve always said I’m not a fan of Pedey and I’m certain he’s the reason Meyers resigned. There’s a lot more going on than any of us know. It wouldn’t be beyond the realm of possibility to see wholesale change in 2008.

In the meantime, it’s going to be another tough season. I do hope that Husker fans try to handle this with as much class as possible. I don’t like to see fans booing at Memorial. I don’t like some of the comments on the message boards and on the radio. Bashing the players is not helpful and I’d like to think Husker Nation is above some of this behavior. I suppose the coaches are fair game. They’re adults. They’re professionals. High paid professionals at that. But there’s a way to get your views expressed without sinking to the level that I’m seeing from some “fans”. Contact the regents. Send a letter to Harvey. Talk to the boosters. Do what you need to do to get your voice heard. But let’s do this with class, Husker Nation.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

what will happen if we don’t win another game this year?

We’ll find out soon enough.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Well Said Wade GO HUSKERS

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.