Big Mac Tournament

• hunter_aug
    Holdrege, Ne

I know somebody had to fish at Big Mac this weekend. So how did everybody do?

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

It wasn’t good, man. Don’t think it took very much to win it at all, something like 10-12lbs I believe is what Ben said.

benseim

I fished the tournament this weekend. There were a total of 37 boats that ended up fishing the tournament. We have about ten more than that qualify for the NWT Championship but some of them couldn’t make it and others pre-fished for a day or two and then decided to not fish. To say the fishing was tough is an understatement. There were a total of 9 fish caught on Saturday and only 5 on Sunday. Hard to believe when you stop and think about the millions of walleye in that lake. All but one of the fish were caught slabbing in several different areas of the lake. The wind blew at least 25-30 both days and even higher on Sunday. At 37 two man teams fishing for 15 hours that is not a very good catch rate.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Chris I made a post about this is the Mac thread. Big goose egg for me. 7 days of fishing and not a single walleye. 10lbs for 1st, 6lbs for 2nd and 4lbs for 3rd. 2lbs+ payed money. Fishing was tough and even worse trying to do it in winds gusting to 40mph+.

sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

Those were some of the worst long term winds I’ve seen up here the last couple years .The sand actually blew off the top of the clay on spots on the shore.And there were moisture spots on the sand 20-30 feet from shore from the waves moving water under the sand on Sunday evening.It looked miserable.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

That was a tough weekend. We were finally able to catch a few short walleyes on both Sat. and Sunday with the biggest coming in at 14 1/5 inches. One of the 8 inchers we caught spit out a 3 inch shad in the boat. With the amount of forage in the lake right now it may be a while before the bite starts to come around. There was deffinately no rhyme or reason to catching an eye right now. You just flat out got lucky.

sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

It’s amazing the white bass and Wipers just keep on going with all the bait .They are even catching decent #’s of cats but everyone says the walleye have lockjaw

tomich
    Omaha, Ne

Hmmmm…… Reminds me of a tournament on Milford a few years ago. Still mad about that one. There is a trick to getting them go, Ben should remember me telling him.

hunter_aug
    Holdrege, Ne

Sounds like it wasn’t a bad deal for my partner to split on me.

Brain are you going to be doing any slabbing around home?

walleye4
    On the Water

Think I am going to try some slabing on Friday.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I hope you are not going to Mac.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Hey Chris,
    Ya, I might be doing some slabbing coming up. Might make a trip down to Harlan, I have a few things I wouldn’t mind trying down there. Might have to do some jigging in the canal too, been seeing quite a few fish, but gotta find a different way to get to em. I’ll have Wed Thur off in a few weeks, and those Thursdays are going to be fish days all day most of the time. Keep in touch.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.