SW Nebraska Whites

• zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Got a report that the whites are really starting to pick up in the SW reservoirs. There were a couple of limits taken from Enders and the whites are going at Swanson too. There have also been a good number of whites and wipers caught at Willow. Good Luck!!!

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Got a report from Swanson that the wipers are on the prowl. Big Wipers!!

djorg
    Central City, NE

Thanks for the posts Zach ………….. might have to travel out southwest this weekend.

Good fishin’
    jorg

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

I will be out there the 1st weekend of August

hunter_aug
    Holdrege, Ne

This weekend sounds good to me. See you down there.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Did you go down Chris? Jeremy absolutly HAMMERED the big wipers He was guessing that they caught more than 10 wipers over 26″ and 3 of those went better than 28″. When they were not catching wipers they were were hooking into drum and then the wipers where slamming the drum on the way to the boat, HUGE WIPERS There never where able to land a fish that took off with a drum but they were able to see a couple of them as they chased the the drum to the surface. 30″+ in wipers, HUGE!!!!! I hope you made it down there.

hunter_aug
    Holdrege, Ne

I made it down there the day after the storm. The water was calm and the fishing was slow. Very slow; I fished for 10 hours to boat one 17″ walleye and one 10lb wiper in the last hour I was there. Nobody seemed to be catching much, they said the night before was great. Im definetly going back soon! When are you going down?

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

I will be fishing Swanson on 8.3 and either Swanson or Willow on 8.4 & 8.5. When you go down make sure you take marabou!!!!!! There are a lot of people who are spooning and live baiting that are having no luck at all. Jeremy was down there last weekend and caught more than 10 wipers that went better than 26″ and three of those went better than 28″. If fact when they were not hooking into wipers right away they would pick up some drum and the MONSTER wipers where hitting the drum as they were brought to the boat. Wipers that Jeremy said where better than 30″. That morning he caught those fish, he only saw a handfull of other fish caught and people were all over him.
    Good Luck Chris

hunter_aug
    Holdrege, Ne

Zack you talked me into going back, so I took a day off of work and a friend came down from Omaha. We fished last night and this morning. They are hitting the surface it was fantastic!!!

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

So is there a “finders fee”

I will be fishing by myself on 8.3 so if you want to try it again, let me know

May I ask where you were? On the point by the dam?

Where else other than IDA can you get info like this , I LOVE THIS PLACE

I was trying to get a GTG down there for this exact bite but it fell through, oh well I guess this just means more monster wipers for us

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I just talked to Chris last night, sounds like he had a lot of fun. I really gotta get down there sometime, as I have never even seen any of those 4 lakes down there. I got a place to stay and everything….so I gotta make it happen!

djorg
    Central City, NE

Ya, I have a nephew who teaches and coaches in the area and I am going to have to submit him to some old man sleeping on the floor sometime real soon.

I haven’t fished there for years ………….. like maybe 35 since I was at Enders once.

Ha ……….. is that actually fishing?

DJ

hunter_aug
    Holdrege, Ne

Wipers on the dam at first light till about 11, and then 7 till dark. When they quit hitting the surface or before they start, a good tip would be pretend your trying to troll for spawing walleyes deep into the rocks.

Zack that point your talking about is holding walleyes I picked some up trolling over it.

Frinders fee?

trevor nation
    Elwood/Johnson Lake, NE

A buddy and i tried making a shot down there with his boat last week but we left to late and only made it red willow. All we caught were loads and loads of little white bass on top. I wish i had more experience with those lakes…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.