Flooding in Nebraska?

• Todd_NE

Saw some reports of flooding in Cozad and other parts of Nebraska. You guys get hammered out there last night? Any good news for the lakes if so?

seibert
    Kearney, Nebraska

Looked like lots of rain, from west of Ogallala to east of Grand Island. I know we had great rain in Kearney. We are supposed to get 2 to 4 inches tonight in the Kearney area. Last night, there were flash flood warnings throughout central Nebraska. Sure would expect Harlan and Big Mac to see some sort of benefit.

Does the state of Nebraska get credit for all the run off that is making it’s way into Kansas? Sure would be nice to get a bunch of the water deficit taken care of before irrigation season.

Todd_NE

Bill,

As I understand the Republican inflows to Ks – yes – we get credit for any flow into the state. Remember though that about anything above Harlan is being left in Harlan.

We need water running down Turkey Creek and so on below Rep city to help those flows.

Also worth noting Prarie Dog and quite a few other drainages in NW Kansas flow into the Republican Basin so in some effect it was their water to begin with also.

I hope you thought that was spoken by someone born in Nebraska but went to HS in Kansas and farmed in both states as a kid.

sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

Above Mac the water is flowing pretty low.Not much rain up here the tall grass is slowing any runoff down and there isn’t heavy enough rain to runoff anyway.The S Platte looks better that the north does right now and it’s not flowing that much.

Todd_NE

absolute bummer, I was hoping!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.