Mushrooms

• trevor nation
    Elwood/Johnson Lake, NE

Nothing to do with fishing but has any nebraska guys found any yet?? the topic never comes up like it did on the game and parks forum……trying to make sure i dont miss the start

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I found some shrooms in Wisconsin last night. Can’t get the wife to test them out though

jd318
    NE Nebraska

I haven’t been out yet to look. I was thinking about trying it this weekend though.

JD

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I’m hoping we get a little rain tonight. They should start popping after a little moisture. It’s hard to tell if the lilacs are blooming since they all froze last week.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

Its still a little early yet but I couldn’t help but to check a couple areas while I was out turkey hunting

johnt
    Clinton County, Iowa

Haven’t heard of anything yet around here. Might have something to do with the fact that it snowed last Wednesday?

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Waiting for the lilac to begin to bloom. That is the sign to start looking!

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Trevor there is a MORAL tread in the G.D. you should look at too If we get a nice rain you had better plan on getting out. If they haven’t started yet, they will SOON

djorg
    Central City, NE

We looked along the Platte yesterday but didn’t find a thing. Too dry!!! Just like stated above; we need a rain and then things will be a popping. Nothing like a meal of walleyes and morels.

Oh, and maybe a homebrewed stout to go with that.

Good fishin’
    dj

orion94
    them thar hills, SW Nebraska

MMMM MMMM MM M fungus, hopps, and fish oh yeah I can already taste it.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Quote:

Oh, and maybe a homebrewed stout to go with that.

I like the way you think dj.

shermanator
    Nebraska

I just found 1 down at my friends’ cabin. Found it where I have never found them before. If time allows, I will be back down there in an hour or so with my onion bag Sherm

Lancer
    Lincoln, NE

Guys, after this rain today, it should be GO TIME

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Gonna have to catch some crappie first then treck through a nearby woods shortly after and have one heck of a meal

tomich
    Omaha, Ne

Between Mike and I, we found about 80 today. Mostly pretty small, but we aren’t very good at selective harvest when it comes to mushrooms.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Bet there weren’t to many guys out look’n for them here in central NE today

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

If the rain passes by noon tomorrow I’ll be out looking for a few myself.

tomich
    Omaha, Ne

Looks like I better get an early start tomorrow on them. My wife and kids left me very few for my trip up north.

mike means

Yep their out. Hopefully with the sun they will start waving at me a little better.

Mike

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Made it out for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon with Layne and we found about 50. They sure were tasty! Should really start popping this weekend with the warmer temps on the way.

tomich
    Omaha, Ne

Find a pile yesterday with Reddogs. Hunted for about 15 minutes tonight with my daughter and she showed me about 15 large ones in the same are we found them yesterday. I think I have enough for now

SBEBDLLH

Buddy and I found about 50 in the Kearney area yesterday in 4 hours of looking. Most had been around a few days so looking for the new batch to be coming up with great results.

layne-monroe
    Lincoln, Ne

After I went out with Ben on Wednesday I made it back out Thursday by myself and found about 120 more in 2 hours. Most all were large yellows and greys with most being 3″ tall and larger. Went back out again last night with another buddy and picked up about another 100 in a couple hours in the same spot I went to on Thursday. Again most are really really large in size.

Layne Monroe

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.