Nebraska Gills

• duckhuntrrus
    Lexington Ne

The bluegills are going very good in central nebraska. Ice is great. I have been catching some nice gills in the kearney area. Average 9-11inches.
    Matt

SBEBDLLH

That is great news dude! Those are huge gills at 11 inches. I tried west of Johnson’s yesterday morning for crappie in 22 foot of water and got skunked. Then I went to the open water at the inlet at Johnson’s and watched dead and dying shad float by but no bite. Then I finished at Sandy Channels and got skunked so you must have the secret spot or I just went the wrong day. One of the two.
    I figure Harlan should have some safe ice by now and with the temps this weekend we should have ice for a while. Going to try and do something Teu. as skunked twice in a row is just low.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Those are some nice gills! Thanks for the update!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Thanks for the report. I’ve got this walleye itch for ice fishing now but I may have to get back to some pan fishing soon!

Todd_NE

What kind of baits are you catching them on if you don’t mind. I’m going for bluegill in a sandpit tomorrow by Columbus. I’m figuring on small jigs and waxies. I want to try a bunch of “Mini Merts” I bought from bfishntackle.

Way to go!

Wade, you know how to catch those trout at Crystal Cove? We should try that someday or go to Snyder’s Bend.

Todd

duckhuntrrus
    Lexington Ne

chartruese tear drops with waxies. West side of Yanney Park in Kearney

SBEBDLLH

I heard there were nice fish in Yanny duckhuntrrus but 9-11 inch gills is awesome. West end? Like west of the bridge in the small part of the lake? I will be darn. I would have figered them in the bigger long east side. But hey what do I know, I am the one that got skunked. Maybe we will have to meet up soon and do some fishing as I am at the inlet at Johnsons a bunch in spring and perhaps get together and do some fishing.
    Craig

Todd_NE

Thanks man! I did NOT expect you to name the park. That’s very very nice. I’m going to hit it in the morning and monday at another lake I think.

Good luck this weekend!

SBEBDLLH

They just re vamped that lake a few years ago so those are some huge gills for the amount of time they have been in the lake.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Wade, you know how to catch those trout at Crystal Cove? We should try that someday or go to Snyder’s Bend.

I don’t know how to catch them but Chris from Lincoln posted those trout pics here the other day. He should know.

You say when!

prov1900
    NE Nebraska

Going Sunday a.m., if you want some pointers. I am willing to divulge some of my trout expertise (just kidding…they’re not too tough)

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Welcome to IDA prov1900!

Glad you joined us!

SBEBDLLH

Thanks to Duck who posted the report I had the pleasure of meeting him yesterday afternoon as a friend and I were there. I caught 15 bluegill and 5 or so bass of which 5 gills were 9-9 1/2 inches. The bad news is they meat has parasites in it. Greg brought it to my attention and I was able to confirm it making a beatiful small mess of bluegills a sad loss.
    However the skunk is dead which is mighty fine news.
    Craig

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.