spiny water flea!!!!

• sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

be warned! since Nebraska game&parks seems not to care! Harlan county and chalco have spiny water flea and they have known about it for over a year and have yet to put a sign up notifying boaters that the lakes infested. make sure to clean and dry your boat when leaving these waters.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Two questions: What exactly is a spiny water flea, and what info is your claim being based on?

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

spiney water flea is a crustacean kinda like shrimp. they collect on your line and look like a gelatinous glob. Its based on I had Nebraska game and parks invasive species rep in my boat at chalco to show and take samples. I called the office back a month later and it was verified. that was over a year ago

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Interesting. Thanks for the clarification.

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

yes it is. please help steal the word on how important it is and our responsibility to stop the spread of invasive species. thank you

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I do think Nebraska has been behind most other regional states when it comes to being proactive on not spreading invasives. But I would say that goes with our location in the center of the country. To their credit, I’m seeing signs in areas where I hadn’t seen them before. The word is definitely being spread now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.