Needless stuff in the boat

• brian schultz
    Minot, ND

I was going though my boat this afternoon reorganizing it and for some reason can’t take out the foot pedal for my terrova. I have had it in the boat for three years and have never used it. What makes it even worst is I have a tiller and use my vantage most of the time and even keep two spare batteries for my remote for the bow mount. But for the life of me I can’t bring myself to store it in the garage.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I was going though my boat this afternoon reorganizing it and for some reason can’t take out the foot pedal for my terrova. I have had it in the boat for three years and have never used it. What makes it even worst is I have a tiller and use my vantage most of the time and even keep two spare batteries for my remote for the bow mount. But for the life of me I can’t bring myself to store it in the garage.

The moment you remove them from the boat you will need them ha ha. At least that’s how I feel when I’m in that same spot

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Keeping that foot pedal in the boat is a good idea. 2 weeks ago when we fished in Louisiana with Ben Brettingen he put a brand new battery in his remote and it still wouldn’t work. Suffice it to say we regretted not having the foot pedal in the boat that day.

Timmy

I view the foot pedal the same as my spare prop. Don’t plan on using it, but if I need it, it’ll be worth having.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I always look at my landing net and wonder why I bring it. doah

B-man

Leave it in. One day you will forget the remote at home or in the truck…..or drop it in the drink smash

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

The older I get, the more crap in the boat I keep. I’m not sure why I plan for the apocalypse when I fish but I guess I feel safe.

I should have listen to my uncle years ago, screw spare parts, just bring enough beer to get you through any emergency!

Deleted

I always keep a roll of toilet paper in a ziplock & I’m never crapping on an island. 4th boat we’ve had and each one gets a roll, in a ziploc, when I set it up.

I did see a guy race to the island in front of where we were fishing last year tho. He ran into shore hot & popped a squat right in front of us. He did go around to the far side so we weren’t too bothered by it. Definitely a funny sight , for us. He took his pants all the way off then dropped his drawers. Precautions I guess.

ara

Let the wife re-arrange everything, and put it away where she thinks it should be moved to. You’ll never have to worry about ever finding it again. That same rule also applies to the garage, shed, and tools.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

The older I get, the more crap in the boat I keep. I’m not sure why I plan for the apocalypse when I fish but I guess I feel safe.

I should have listen to my uncle years ago, screw spare parts, just bring enough beer to get you through any emergency!

Amen to that! toast

-J.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I cleaned out my guide boat a month or so ago. I’m surprised it even would float!

4 spot lights (all working)
    2 first aid kits. (I’ve used a few bandaids over the years)
    I even found a walleye rod!
    ahh the list goes on including the foot peddle for an electric that I use twice a year, just to see if it worked.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I solved part of my problem by taking out one of my seat boxes and replacing it with a cooler. Reduced storage area helps one make the tough choices.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I always keep a roll of toilet paper in a ziplock & I’m never crapping on an island. 4th boat we’ve had and each one gets a roll, in a ziploc, when I set it up.

I did see a guy race to the island in front of where we were fishing last year tho. He ran into shore hot & popped a squat right in front of us. He did go around to the far side so we weren’t too bothered by it. Definitely a funny sight , for us. He took his pants all the way off then dropped his drawers. Precautions I guess.

Tp is always needed in the boat. Especially if you fish with my 7 yr old. He has to pop a squat in the most inconvenient places sometimes. I swear he holds it in till we get on the boat or go hike in the woods. Or where ever there is no bathroom around.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

And from the title,,,, I thought this thread was going to be about some fishing partners.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

And from the title,,,, I thought this thread was going to be about some fishing partners.

Exactly! I was going to say Jon J!!! whistling yay peace

I was going though my boat this afternoon reorganizing it and for some reason can’t take out the foot pedal for my terrova.

For the first few years after moving from a Powerdrive to an ipilot Terrova, I still brought a 2nd spare foot pedal along. The PD foot pedal was such a POS, I was hard wired to need the spare even with the remote.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Exactly! I was going to say Jon J!!!

Hey now, I consider myself a pretty good net man! That is assuming you bring a net. toast

-J.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

How about tools? I have a 50 pound tool box for just in case. I’ve maybe needed it a couple times in 16 years. But I’m not getting rid of it. ;-)

MJM

I just came across some early 90’s pictures, one of a buddy walking back to the shoreline of a remote Canadian lake. Not sure if the look on his face is the emergency shore run, with tp, went well or the fact we did not leave him. He had asked to go back to camp but finally went ashore after we told him it was 1/2 hour back(15 hp) and a promise not to leave. always carry tp.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.