Need new deep cycle batteries…

• puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

What size batteries? Starting or trolling motor? Wet cell or agm? Need a little more information to tell you what to buy

Reed Moormeier
    Chaska, MN

Thanks, they’re for my 24 volt trolling motor it’s a basic Minnkota Powerdrive unit big enough to power my Tyee 1950 Magnum. Not sure on the wet cell versus agm but have always used maintenance free in the past.

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

Go AGM and go big if they fit. All I buy anymore is AGM. Truck,sled, motorcycle, ATV and boat.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

Group 29 or 31 agm’s. They will be in the $200-$250 range.

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

What’s the best bang for the buck?

What batteries did you have before and how long did they last? What type of battery charger do you use?

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

Im on my 3rd season with Cabelas AGM. My reasoning for AGM is that my boat does not have much room for batteries. One of the two batteries is not level so I had to use a AGM battery. If I had the room and could keep both batteries level I would have went deep cycle wet batteries. I am not sure that the price of AGM batteries is justified yet. (in my case time will tell)

The research I have done the keys to keeping a battery in good condition is. Try not to regularly drain them past the 50% mark. (try to use the largest battery possible) Keep you water levels correct. Charge them ASAP and use a quality smart charger.

Reed Moormeier
    Chaska, MN

I have a Cabella’s 3 bank onboard charger, the boat is at my cabin and couldn;t tell you the battery brand but they are maintenance free deep cycle,not real expensive say less than $100 each.

404 ERROR
    MN

Kirt has a couple blue tops in the classified ads right now…

I have used a few different brands and I really like the Odyssey batteries. Optima makes good batteries also and I still have a couple, just not as good as they used to be. You can get an awesome $50 reman and a dud of a $300 AGM. Make sure the warranty is good and not pro-rated after 3 months, and you’ll be fine.

joc
    Western and Central, NY

Simple best bang for your buck Interstate = SRM-29, they are flooded but I’ve never had to add water. And it won’t cost you $200 or $300.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

What is the justification for spending more on AGMs?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.