Need help finding a lure…

• youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

… called a nip-i-diddee. Surface lure with a double-prop. I can’t seem to find one on the interwebnets so I thought I better check with the IDO community. I guess there are a few on E-Bay but they are selling them as ‘vintage’ collectibles. I’m pretty sure we bought a few not that long ago but now they aren’t being sold anymore… maybe that makes them vintage.

I haven’t found anything that works as well as the real thing. We tried crippled-killers and other such baits but most have only a single prop. There is something about the noise that a nip-i-diddee makes that brings up the biggest bass.

sharptailer
    IGH, MN

Have tried a Smithwick DEVIL’S HORSE. I’ve caught lots of bass and northerns on them. The white with red was the best

tight-lines

I went though the same search a few years ago. Only place to find them is in the back of old bait shops or ebay. They seem to be super spendy for a good one. I retired my dad’s old frog pattern to the wall with the bass it caught. Good Luck.

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

Thanks for the tips. I’ll continue trying other lures but… year after year we put the biggest smallies in the boat with the nip I diddee.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.