NE SODAK 5/29 to 6/5

• Mike Johnson
    Nashua Iowa

Just returned from a fantastic glacial lakes trip! Took my 12 year old son in My boat and My Parents took there boat. We got in Friday afternoon after driving in heavy rain all the way and decided to just fish off the doc after supper instead of launching the boats. Turned out to be a great plan as We had great fishing and my mom got her 1st walleye ever with a 26″er! About an hour later I had a 5.1 lb smallie to the dock! The weather turned cold and windy for the next couple days but we found the walleyes a bit deeper and spent a few days fishing the great walleye bite with my son Remington getting his PB 25″ walleye! The great thing about the region to me is the crappies think they are walleyes and will hit a walleye size bait just as well as the walleyes do. We switched it up Wed and thurs and hit a good crappie and blue gill lake and again got on a fantastic bite fishing spawning crappies shallow and gills that were staging for spawn. The last day of fishing for us was thursday the 4th and I set up on a rock hump that topped out at 8ft on top surrounded by 15ft of water looking for walleyes and smallies and kept getting hit and not hooking fish so I down sized and found out it was a school of slab crappie that thought they were walleyes and put a bunch of 12 to 14″ crappies in the boat! Over all even with the cold temps to start with and the wind that wouldn’t give up we couldn’t have asked for a better bite!

Attachments:
    1. 217.jpg

2. 243.jpg

Mike Johnson
    Nashua Iowa

Trying to post more pics but not working

Attachments:
    1. 255.jpg

2. 211.jpg

Mike Johnson
    Nashua Iowa

Got it figured out

Attachments:
    1. 273.jpg

2. 239.jpg

Mike Johnson
    Nashua Iowa

A couple more

Attachments:
    1. 257.jpg

2. 253.jpg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.