NE SD Update

• Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

It seems almost everyone is out hunting for deer, ducks, or roosters. It has left most shore fishing spots void of fishermen. I have been out pretty much every night after work catching fish each night. It seems that jigs and minnows produce the most numbers but plastics sometimes get more size. I couldn’t help myself and had to keep some the past few nights. These walleyes are just too good out of cold water! The picture of the stomach shows the masses of minnows and young of the year gills that are filling the stomachs of these fish. Tuesday with the low pressure I had the walleyes chasing the bait up against the road I was standing on. They were hitting my jig before it could settle to the bottom. Yesterday I braved the 40+ MPH gusts and was about blown off the road, but I was rewarded. They really have the feed bags on. It’s heaven to have to choose between deer, pheasants, waterfowl, and fish.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1119.jpg

2. IMG_1121.jpg

3. IMG_1122.jpg

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I’m glad you are getting to enjoy it! sadly I probably won’t get another chance to fish out there until there is ice. Keep up the good work!

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Way to go! Sounds like a fun thing to do after work. Thanks for putting up a report.

matt

Nice!Its allways a fun time when you get nice fish without having to even launch the boat.

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

Thanks for the report!

FryDog62

I’m betting you wouldn’t have caught any of those fish had it not been for your St. Croix and Loomis rods!! ;)

Nice looking stringer for the dinner table !

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

That’s right frydog! I’ve been putting them to good use yay

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.