NE 2023 Turkey hunt

• Hoyt4
    NULL

Just getting caught up at work after being out. Trip like always goes quick, would love to be able to move to NE where we hunt. Made a lot of friends over the last 20 plus years of hunting there. Land owners have become good friends some some town folks. Now it’s more about going to see them then the hunt. Cost of tag is getting high but worth it when after all the years of going. Was able to harvest a couple birds. Took my first bird in a blind in awhile rain and snowy morning. 2nd bird was able to call in to a setup with out the blind and decoys. Never pulled a decoy out of the truck this trip. Suppose to hunt this week in MN but have too much going on that I will have to start next week and get even with the boomstick )

Good luck to all heading out tomorrow. I’m going up to do some more scouting tonight. Scouted a bit on Sunday. Checking out another farm tonight.

Attachments:
    1. image000000.jpg

2. image000002.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Nice job on the Nebraska birds Hoyt!

Gitchi Gummi

nice birds! mad props to anyone who can shoot a turkey with a bow not in a blind.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

That’s awesome good job.

steelslinger71

Good job. You are going to have to put an extension on your Lil’ Heartbreaker to get all your scores on it.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Love to hear it. Heading to NE Nebraska Friday. Looks like we’ll get some curveballs in weather which will just make it more fun. The people of NE are truly some of the most hospitable people. One of the best trips of the year.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Lol, only one mark for the Heartbreaker this trip. I didn’t call in the first bird with it. 2nd bird was with old reliable. ) Thanks Steels

Hoyt4
    NULL

Love to hear it. Heading to NE Nebraska Friday. Looks like we’ll get some curveballs in weather which will just make it more fun. The people of NE are truly some of the most hospitable people. One of the best trips of the year.

Thanks and good luck. I can’t wait for fall to head back. Weather is always something there.

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

Nice job man!

My son and I sat next to you at the turkey seminar at A-1. My son is the lad you gave that jake decoy too from the raffle. Happy to report he passed a small jake this morning! We thank you very much! He was so happy to use his own decoy this morning!

Hoyt4
    NULL

Nice job man!

My son and I sat next to you at the turkey seminar at A-1. My son is the lad you gave that jake decoy too from the raffle. Happy to report he passed a small jake this morning! We thank you very much! He was so happy to use his own decoy this morning!

Thanks Beardly the best of luck to your son that he gets a chance . Post a picture of him with his bird and the decoy I think he will get one.

Good luck to yourself also was nice to meet you guys at the seminar. I have to wait till next week ran into too much work this week.

give one a dirt knap. waytogo waytogo

Gerty

Congrats on the great birds!

Remote63

That’s a big bird. Thanks for sharing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.