Missouri River Pics

• 2iceman
    Gem Lake, Minnesota

I had a great 2 days of fishing the Missouri. Started on thursday the 10/14/10 and we put in a Fort rice and caught some there then went south and thats when things got crazy we went thru 2 1/2 scoops of minnows fast. We fished in between the power lines and the cannonball river 9 to 12 fow. We tried pulling lead it was working but not like the jig and a minnow, it reminded me of a day in Canada I had this summer. Day 2 friday it was suppose to be windy so we decided to stay more north and put in just south of Bismarck and fished the eagle nest area and just south of that behind a large sandbar–I know there is a lot of sandbars but not from there so dont know what people call it, but we hammered them, they were just piled up in there. It did slow down toward early evening, which was good because we were running out of minnows again. It was nice because the wind was blowing the opposite of the current which gave us a nice slowwwwwww drift for presentation. It did not matter what color the jig was, but I was using a hair jig and was doing a little better then the other guys. We caught many species of fish including a big smally. My buddy caught it and had not caught to many that big so he measured it and it was 18 1/2 inches. I didn’t think much of it because we catch big smallies all the time in Minnesota. When he got home he looked up the state record for smallies because he did not know how his fish compared, he was sick the record ND smally is 19″ and 6# something, his fish was fat and I think easily went 6# something. I told him it was just a great C&R and that he could of been in the record books. He is still sick. But what a great fishery they have up there in ND. We had a nice big family walleye fry.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Very Nice!!

Been there several times,it’s always a great trip the scenery is unmatched.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice photos! Looks like you had great weather too!

jwhite58502

Glad you had a good time it is only gonna get better as water temps are almost optimal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.