NCAA mens basketball

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Heard on the radio that they make the selections Sunday. Since I haven’t paid much attention to bouncyball will the Gophers make the field this year? Since Coach K retired what program is the “hated evil empire” now?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Go Tar Heels!!!
    We ( wink ) got a big game against the Pack tonight for the ACC title, then off to the NCAA and onto AZ.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thanks Belle…how are the Tar Heels doing this year? BTW, whats a “Tar Heel”?

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Heels are good, in line for a top one or two seed in the big dance. I think they won the ACC regular season and are in the ACC championship game. Gophs, on the other hand did better this year but will be sitting once again.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Heels are good, in line for a top one or two seed in the big dance. I think they won the ACC regular season and are in the ACC championship game. Gophs, on the other hand did better this year but will be sitting once again.

mayhaps an NIT bid…… the Not Important Tournament!!! rotflol

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Haha. Not important tournament. Good one.

slough

Heard on the radio that they make the selections Sunday. Since I haven’t paid much attention to bouncyball will the Gophers make the field this year? Since Coach K retired what program is the “hated evil empire” now?

A month ago I thought the gophs had a decent shot but they ended with a thud. I think Duke/Carolina/Kansas are probably still the blue bloods but there is so much parity in the portal/NIL era. I’d say there are 15-20 teams that could win it, and any of them could even be beaten the first weekend.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The Badgers are in, for their 24th time in the last 25 years toast

MX1825

Badgers playing for Big 10 Tournament Championship today!
    GO BADGERS!!! yay

jwellsy

That was a big time win over Perdue, congrats.
    It should be a good championship game today at 2:30.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Must be tough on MN when all your top state players go to play for the badgers.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The Badgers are in, for their 24th time in the last 25 years toast

That’s really consistent over the long term. No one can argue against that.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

It’s amazing that Wisconsin can be better than Minnesota in virtually ALL sports. College football and basketball are especially bad.

jwellsy

What a great game, ties and lead changes the whole way.
    The refs kept out of it for the most part.
    It was right there for both teams to win.
    It was closer than the final score reflects.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

NIT for the Gophers. I guess that is a step up.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Interesting tournament…especially with so many Mid-Major Conference Tournaments having upsets. There were a lot of teams that assumed they were in who are now on the outside after bids were “stolen” by underdogs winning the conference tourneys.

The NCAA is going to have to readdress the dates for their transfer portal with teams who missed out on the tournament opting out of the NIT to focus on the transfer portal the next day. There are some solid teams that turned down an offer to the NIT. They have that right, but with the history of that tournament plus 99% of college athletes never going pro not being allowed their one last chance to compete, it should be addressed. I guess it paves the way for improving teams like the Gophers to go on an NIT run?

Teams that declined their bid and decided to end their season: Indiana, Pitt, Oklahoma, St. Johns, Memphis, Ole Miss

big_g
    Isle, MN

Haha. Not important tournament. Good one.

I have always heard it as “Not In Tournament”

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Teams that declined their bid and decided to end their season: Indiana, Pitt, Oklahoma, St. Johns, Memphis, Ole Miss

The portal needs to be more restrictive again. Its way too loose. In every sport. Football teams that make less than top tier bowl games are using backups and third stringers to participate. Its like free agency for college sports. They need to make players sit out a season before they can start playing again.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

The portal needs to be more restrictive again. Its way too loose. In every sport. Football teams that make less than top tier bowl games are using backups and third stringers to participate. Its like free agency for college sports. They need to make players sit out a season before they can start playing again.

Meh, if the NIT and terrible bowl games went away, no one besides Network Execs and mediocre/bad college programs would notice.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Ya but neither one is going away.

Recruiting used to be more important. Now you have to coddle and retain players too since they can just transfer if they don’t like the color of the paint on the wall in the weight room.

Ryan Schwartz

The only fun part about the NIT would be seeing the Gophers go against Indiana State and Cream Abdul Jabbar.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Yeah Tar Heels!!!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Kentucky is going down to a 14.

slough

Pretty much the epitome of what has made the tourney so popular. Kentucky obviously has way more talent but Oakland made plays every time Kentucky came at them, fun to watch.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

The upsets are always entertaining

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

That Clemson game was good. AZ could not get it done.
    Heels looking good so far!!!

MX1825

Sorry EPG. Hope you have a towel for the Belle. bawling

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Yep the Tar babies goes down now too!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

F!
    Anybody want to buy tix to the final 4? bawling

MX1825

F!
    Anybody want to buy tix to the final 4? bawling

I wish I could go. It’s a blast even if your team is not there. Hotels rip you off is the only drawback I saw when I went in the past.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.