Navionics Sonar Charts

• Dan Fall

Has anyone started using navionics sonar charts? I’m a little stupid about it. Can I use the sonar charts feature directly on my Dragonfly 4 or is it only something that you can use if you are integrating an iPhone or ipad with your sonar? What if I don’t want to share my sonar readings, or am I volunteering to do so by using the software?

KirtH
    Lakeville

Has anyone started using navionics sonar charts? I’m a little stupid about it. Can I use the sonar charts feature directly on my Dragonfly 4 or is it only something that you can use if you are integrating an iPhone or ipad with your sonar?
    You have to connect your Dragonfly to your mobile device via wi fi and the Sonar Chart Live will then be shown on your mobile device. This new data is then uploaded to Navionics to be processed and incorporated into the SonarChart layer. You then do an update to your mobile device mapping in the app or your Navionics + mapping card.

What if I don’t want to share my sonar readings, or am I volunteering to do so by using the software?

Yes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.