Navionics Chip Data Clear in Mail???

• Rhode

I recently purchased a used Navionics Premium North Map chip from a friend of mine who sent to me through the mail. When I received the chip, the Lowrance units I tried it in will not read the data from the card. The card is not recognized at all in the 2 units I tried it in, or, in the computer. The computer does not even recognize that the chip is even plugged in? Tried this with the lock tab in both settings and nothing. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Does the USPS do any precautionary scanning through the mail system that might clear data from SD cards?

Now I need another Preminum North Map Chip if anyone has an older one available? It will be used in a Lowrance LCX unit. 2008 vintage.
    Thanks

mike-west
    Amery, WI

One thought, and maybe a silly question, but in map options, did you asure the setting is in navionics and not lowrance?
    I just sold a HDS 10 to a friend and he said map card he had wouldn’t work. I Changed setting and everythign was fine.
    If this isn’t it, then wierd for sure.
    Good luck

Ron
    Victoria, mn

I bought a Navionics+ card a couple of years ago and part of the order form was what specific sonar unit you have. I don’t know if they are formatted differently between Lowrance/Bird/Garmin, but find out what unit the seller had. I’d also send it back and see if it still works in the seller’s unit. Your 2008 unit is 9 years old, so the card might not be compatible. I doubt that the USPS did anything to wreck it. They have to handle lots of electronics daily, and if they were doing something that would cause an SD card to fail, it would have been fixed long ago.

Rhode

Hey Mike-West,
    Yes. I made sure the settings were to Navionics. The problem is, the unit does not even recognize a card is in the unit to give me the option to select Navionics.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.