Navionics

• Chad McDonald

Anyone else disappointed? I know it’s a cheap app and at least it gives an “idea” of what’s going on out there, but I have been pretty disappointed multiple times a week this winter. I honestly can’t tell if the satellite is always off or if it’s the maps themselves. Anyone know of a better app?

Tom schmitt

navionics is only good on the relly popular lakes that are well mapped.
    The rest are pretty inaccurate.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

You can use the humminbird app and download the lake you would like to fish. If the lake is in 1′ contours it will be accurate. If the lake is in standard definition it probable will not be that accurate same with the navionics.

Steve Johnson

I got my first clue to this problem when we canoed the boundary waters. There were contours in every lake, and the actuals were not even close. I wondered how I expected different, since I am sure no-one canoed those lakes with a sounding rig.
    It does give you an idea of the big stuff, and is better than a paper map, because you know where you are, but I would not pay a lot more than the subscription.
    If there were a way to know if the Hummingbird maps were better, I would buy them, but $30/lake to try seems too steep to me.

Deuces

There was a thread on this not long ago.

I’ve used the app fairly extensively in open water and frozen, overall been quite impressed with the mapping and features.

But as of late it seems the gps is off by 30′ or more. I do hope they get it figured out, but until then it will become a good reference and starting point.

Troy Hoernemann
    Nevis mn

Hummingbird fish smart app is what I’ve been using 3 or 4 years now and has been good it dose have some lag time but has been better then navionics or any Garmin maps. The down side is most lakes are 9.99$ and the big water like leech, red, mille lacs,Cass chain is 29.99
    But in over all been 😊

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.