N.E. Wisconsin summer vacation question

• jeff-pb-crappie-16.5
    SW Michigan

Hi Everyone,

Trying to plan a summer family vacation trip to N.E. Wisconsin. There are so many lakes and resorts in that area and having never been in that area I am a little overwhelmed to pick one. Looking for what I guess is a typical summer vacation for a family. Fishing(Walleye, Pike, Muskie, and panfish), swimming for kids, and typical outdoor activities, and of course shopping for the women of the group. Any suggestions or help for resorts and lakes would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Jeff:

How far west in N.E. WI??? Always going to tout St. Germain Resort with Fibbers owned by guide Rob Manthei… Family friendly, in between Minocqua and Eagle River, great fishing on Big St. Germain, a couple three thousand lakes in a 60 mile radius, decently priced… http://www.stgermainlodge.com/

Mark

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

The Boulder Junction area is very nice. Short drive back into Woodruf for the typical tourist trap stuff. If your mobile, there is still a number of true wilderness lakes up there. All depends how inclusive you want to to be. I’m up there for at least a couple weeks a year. I’m mobile and on a verity of lakes. I don’t do the tourist stuff, so I avoid that area like the plague. St. Germain is also another great area with shopping a reasonable distance and good lakes in the area. Fibbers treats their guests well, and a verity of cottages available on either lake

hoytpower
    buffalo county, wi

we stay in chetek every year…lost of fish, size has gone down hill last few years. Always a good time. Typically make a run to http://www.fawndoerosa.com/
    with the kids , they love it.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Actually. What size boat do you have?

FDR

jeff-pb-crappie-16.5
    SW Michigan

Thanks for the reply’s and help. FDR I have an older style 18ft Lund. Mark and Randy, Boulder Jct. and St. Germaine area looks great. So many lakes to choose from. Randy, I can be definitely be mobile to take advantage of multiple lakes. Looks like a lot to do for the family. Hoytpower, the Chetek area looks great too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.