My new WX2190

• skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I made the trip down to SBC Ramsey last week and picked up the new boat! As always the Skeeter Boat Center crew was great to deal with and making sure everything was ready. They truly are the definition of a top notch dealership. Once I got the boat home it was time to get to work on the rigging. This year I went with 3 Lowrance Gen3 9’s, Structure Scan 3D, Sirius Antenna, Link 5 VHF, Xi5 with Gateway and Wave Pro seats. After a good 10hrs everything is ready for the water. I still have a few extra goodies to get installed and the new wrap designed so there is more to come )

Attachments:
    1. 2.jpg

2. 3.jpg

3. IMG_20160325_101909295_HDR-Large.jpg

4. IMG_20160325_145935079-Large.jpg

5. 1-1.jpg

6. IMG_20160324_180748945.jpg

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Looks nice Corey!

I like that new RAM trolling motor stabilizer. Where did you
    purchase it?

I would just need the jaws.

hunterjoe
    Twin Cities

Very nice looking rig. Underneath the track in the one photo, downrigger port? I am looking to have the same done to my rig if it is.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

i’m curious about the “jaw” clamp for the trolling motor stabilizer too. have you used this in the past? it’s hard to get a stabilizer to work well in both positions of the sliding trolling motor, and this looks like it might be a solution.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Corey has agreed to be our test pilot for the ram jaw mount…. it looks like a winner, but Corey will update us on the real time use results.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Corey has agreed to be our test pilot for the ram jaw mount…. it looks like a winner, but Corey will update us on the real time use results.

Hi Dean,

Can you give us the RAM part #?

Thanks!

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Looks nice Corey!

I like that new RAM trolling motor stabilizer. Where did you
    purchase it?

I would just need the jaws.

Thanks! Amazon usually is a little cheaper. I used the medium size. They call it the tough claw. I am actually ordering one for my dad. He has the standard trolling motor mount so just the claw is needed as well. I think it was around $30?

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dean Marshall wrote:</div>

Hi Dean,

Can you give us the RAM part #?

Thanks!

The part # for just the claw is RAP-404U and for the whole mount its RAP-404-202U. I found this a while back and showed it to the SBC guys cause I think it would be great for the Ulterra.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

i’m curious about the “jaw” clamp for the trolling motor stabilizer too. have you used this in the past? it’s hard to get a stabilizer to work well in both positions of the sliding trolling motor, and this looks like it might be a solution.

This is my first time with the claw. I can tell I have reefed on it and its solid. Yes this would be a very good option for clamping in both positions. As you can clamp anywhere.

hunterjoe
    Twin Cities

I have bow rails, should I mount this to the rails if I wanted to use one or on the boat itself? I’ve thought about installing something for this, but wasn’t sure how/where to do it. Thoughts? Sorry to hijack.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Specs here

Thanks Corey. I was looking it up as you posted.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

it looking them over, it appears that the small size tough-claw might actually be the right match for the front rails? although it looks like Corey went with the medium.

the rails are 7/8″ diameter:
    – small is for .0625″ – 1.5″ diameter (RAP-400U)
    – medium is for 1″ – 1.875″ diameter (RAP-404U)
    – large is for 1″ – 2.25″ diameter (RAP-401U)

https://www.rammount.com/search?search_type=search&query=tough%2Bclaw+1.5

and they’re definitely cheaper on Amazon, especially with shipping.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I have bow rails, should I mount this to the rails if I wanted to use one or on the boat itself? I’ve thought about installing something for this, but wasn’t sure how/where to do it. Thoughts? Sorry to hijack.

All depends on what fits your boat the best. As you can see I have bow rails as well but with the Xi5 I don’t use the slider plate and I am not back far enough to use the rail. So I bolted threw top cap. On my dads 2060 with terrova and slider we have it mounted to the rail.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

it looking them over, it appears that the small size tough-claw might actually be the right match for the front rails? although it looks like Corey went with the medium.

the rails are 7/8″ diameter:
    – small is for .0625″ – 1.5″ diameter (RAP-400U)
    – medium is for 1″ – 1.875″ diameter (RAP-404U)
    – large is for 1″ – 2.25″ diameter (RAP-401U)

https://www.rammount.com/search?search_type=search&query=tough%2Bclaw+1.5

and they’re definitely cheaper on Amazon, especially with shipping.

My claw is for clamping onto the trolling motor not the rail. I think the Xi5 shaft diameter was just under 1.5″. A guy could certainly do a double claw set up to go on rail for mounting but you mine as well just get the rail adapter for the standard base.

hunterjoe
    Twin Cities

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>hunterjoe wrote:</div>

All depends on what fits your boat the best. As you can see I have bow rails as well but with the Xi5 I don’t use the slider plate and I am not back far enough to use the rail. So I bolted threw top cap. On my dads 2060 with terrova and slider we have it mounted to the rail.

Sorry, missed the rails. I was only looking at the close up and they don’t show up there. The way mine is, the Terrova head is over the rails so mounting to the rail would work best for me. I think the rail adapter is the way to go for me. Thanks!

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

My claw is for clamping onto the trolling motor not the rail. I think the Xi5 shaft diameter was just under 1.5″. A guy could certainly do a double claw set up to go on rail for mounting but you mine as well just get the rail adapter for the standard base.

oh, duh…the picture makes that obvious. i leave my arm attached to the trolling motor rather than the boat so will want a claw that grabs the rail. either way, it should make mine easier to use with the slider, so thanks for posting your rigging pics!

Ryan

Hey Corey, are the main colors black galaxy and diamond dust? Its a sweet looking rig with the black fenders and black out rims. Sweeeeeeeet!

socoeyechaser
    Colorado

Awesome boat! Great location to mount the 3D box. Please post your thoughts on 3D and how helpful this tool is to you.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Hey Corey, are the main colors black galaxy and diamond dust? Its a sweet looking rig with the black fenders and black out rims. Sweeeeeeeet!

Thanks Ryan! No diamond dust. The grey color is black onyx. Then black galaxy. Always try doing something different and I’m very happy with this one )

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Awesome boat! Great location to mount the 3D box. Please post your thoughts on 3D and how helpful this tool is to you.

Thanks! Yeah I played around many ideas for the 3D and it works great there. I will for sure be reporting on the 3D. I see it being a total game changer!

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I should add Skeeter Boat Center I imagine will start carrying these Ram Mounts for the trolling motor. If not on hand they can order you one if you prefer to swing by and pick one up. )

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Finally got the new wrap installed yesterday! Very honored to be partnered with such a great company like NBOA. The crew from Division Sixx did an awesome job on the design and install. )

Installed a few more goodies but need to take some pictures…

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20160420_175603867.jpg

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I really liked the extra space I got last year in the port bow storage and in the port rod locker buy cutting the bottoms off so I did that again this year.

Attachments:
    1. 5.jpg

2. 6.jpg

Phil Ames

I really liked the extra space I got last year in the port bow storage and in the port rod locker buy cutting the bottoms off so I did that again this year.

Corey, do u take out the rod holders in the rear port storage and cut the bottoms off, then reinstall? Or is there another trick to it? Going up to marina to help with rigging this weekend, and I might take care of that this weekend.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Rod storage, the holster is held by a couple screws. Take out and table saw works slick!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>skeeter20 wrote:</div>

Corey, do u take out the rod holders in the rear port storage and cut the bottoms off, then reinstall? Or is there another trick to it? Going up to marina to help with rigging this weekend, and I might take care of that this weekend.

We did the same thing to my Dad’s 1910 a few weeks ago. 2 bolts on each white bracket and they pull right out. We cut the bottom off and drilled one more hole beneath the existing 3 cutouts. This weekend we had 4 baitcaster Rods and 2 spinning rods in there all easy to get out. Rod socks or Rod slicks make it much easier in and out.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.