MX1825 with F150 prop ?

• pale ryder
    NULL

I’m thinking about a new prop for my Skeeter MX1825 with Yamaha F150.
    I am now using a Yamaha Reliance 13-3/4″ diameter 19″ pitch.
    I get 47 mph top speed at about 5600 RPM. A little more with less weight.
    I’m thinking about a Reliance 14-1./4″ x 18″ or 14-1/4 x 17″.
    Or a 17 or 18 4-blade prop.
    Also I am thinking about adding a kicker.

Any advice from people with the same or similar boat would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Reliance 18 or 17 would be a good choice. If or when you add the kicker I would say you will probably want the 17.
    If you go with the 17p and don’t have the kicker and a lighter load you may get close to or hit the rev limiter.
    Whether or not you get the kicker would probably be the main factor in which one to go with. Either one will help get your RPM’s up but I wouldn’t expect much more speed out of it either way, maybe 1 or 2 mph.

Smellson

I’ve got a 14 1/4″ x 18p reliance that I just took off my wx1910 if you’re interested in buying it. $350. Couple very small dings but nothing that affected performance

Chad Leton

The 14 1/4″ x 18 will help with your kicker (I have a Talon as well). If you go with the kicker and plan to fish with 2-3 passengers and have water in the livewell you’ll be wanting a F200. In hindsight, I’m wishing I would have maxed the HP out on my 2013 MX given how often I fish with others.
    This is strictly coming from the perspective of hole shot. Not real worried about my top end speed.
    I’ve not yet tried a 4-blade.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

If you’re going to add a kicker, it might be worth doing that first and getting the weight back there before trying out some new props.

4 BUCK
    South Dakota

I have a 2016 WX1850 with the 150SHO and when I added the kicker I couldn’t tell the difference in hole shot? This is with the 18p, hole shot is real good.

pale ryder
    NULL

Thanks for the replies.
    I’m going to decide on the kicker first.

Odd that no one has ever tried a 4 blade on an MX1825.

pale ryder
    NULL

I mounted a kicker on it.
    I am now getting a top speed of 46.5 mph at 5550 rpm. With a 13-3/4 dia 19 pitch Reliance. That is with the lightest load I will ever have and the hole shot is not very good.
    I am going to Canada in two weeks and want a lower pitch prop by then because I will have a heavier load.
    So, the question is Would a 14-1/4 dia 17 pitch Reliance be too low ?

I still think a 4 blade would work well due to added stern lift, but I don’t know which one or size to try.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gregk9
    Far Northern IL

What’d ya end up going with?

pale ryder
    NULL

What’d ya end up going with?

A 17″ pitch Mercury Rev-4.
    I wrote a review.
    Here is a C+P.

I recently added a kicker and the extra weight made me want a different prop.
    The 3 blade 13-3/4 diameter 19 pitch Reliance SDS gave a poor hole shot but top speed was 47 at 5600 rpms.
    After much deliberation I decided on a 14-5/8 diameter 17 pitch Rev 4 with a Flo-torque IV hub.
    Hole shot is much better and the highest speed I have seen so far is 45 at 5850 rpms.
    There is a little more clunk when shifting but not bad. I did not notice any prop chatter.
    The ride of the boat changed to a flatter ride. more stern lift and less bow lift. The result seems to be a softer ride.
    Handling is very good, but was not bad before.
    I an able to trim up all the way without problems But prefer the ride at about 3/4 at wide open. Less speed I use less trim.
    Gas mileage fell a little from 4.8 to 4.4. But I that could be due more to wind than the prop.

The boat tends to porpoise if I trim up much at lower planning speeds in waves, so I think I am going yo move the motor up one hole to the max height.
    Overall I am happy with the Rev 4.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I am now getting a top speed of 46.5 mph at 5550 rpm. With a 13-3/4 dia 19 pitch Reliance. That is with the lightest load I will ever have and the hole shot is not very good.
    I am going to Canada in two weeks and want a lower pitch prop by then because I will have a heavier load.

I still think a 4 blade would work well due to added stern lift, but I don’t know which one or size to try.

Kinda surprised at this. I carry big load and can hit 47.7 and 5900 with the stock 19 reliance prop. That is 2 guys, gear, full fuel, and a kicker. Naturally you need to trim down when you back off to stop porpoising.

Gregk9
    Far Northern IL

I thought these mx 1825s were 50 MPH boats with the F-150???

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Downstream and 1 guy, empty tank, and light load.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gregk9 wrote:</div>

What’s the performance like with a 175hp or a 200hp? We kicked the tires on a few MX1825s before going a cheaper route a few years back to avoid any financing. Something similar would potentially be our next upgrade though.

pale ryder
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>pale ryder wrote:</div>

Kinda surprised at this. I carry big load and can hit 47.7 and 5900 with the stock 19 reliance prop. That is 2 guys, gear, full fuel, and a kicker. Naturally you need to trim down when you back off to stop porpoising.

I have a kicker, 12′ Talon and a 36 volt Terrova, so 4 batteries, and a LOT of fishing gear.

Gregk9
    Far Northern IL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gregk9 wrote:</div>

Won’t get too far with an empty tank. LOL

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

PR sounds like normal for what your haulin. waytogo

pale ryder
    NULL

I will add an update.
    I lifted the motor up one hole to the top position.
    The boat now feels even lighter, steering is easier, I can trim up more at low speeds without porpoising.
    Top speed went up to 46 mph at 5950 rpm trimmed all the way out.
    No loss of water pressure.
    The boat stays flatter in sharp turns and I could not get the prop to lose grip.

I haven’t tried it yet in any real waves but so far I am very happy with the new prop and set up.

Scott Estes

I just bought an MX 1825 with a f200. The guy has a Bravo 1 20p 4 blade prop on it. When we text drove the boat it was real sluggish out of the hole with the 3 of us in it (no gear), no mid range, and top speed of 54 mph on smooth water. I’m looking for a prop that’ll give me a better hole shot and mid-range. From what I’ve read on here I’m thinking a Reliance 17, 18, 19. Not quite sure though. Top speed is not an issue. Boat is rigged with Kicker. Anyone have one of these props for sale? Anyone want to trade?

pale ryder
    NULL

I just bought an MX 1825 with a f200. The guy has a Bravo 1 20p 4 blade prop on it. When we text drove the boat it was real sluggish out of the hole with the 3 of us in it (no gear), no mid range, and top speed of 54 mph on smooth water. I’m looking for a prop that’ll give me a better hole shot and mid-range. From what I’ve read on here I’m thinking a Reliance 17, 18, 19. Not quite sure though. Top speed is not an issue. Boat is rigged with Kicker. Anyone have one of these props for sale? Anyone want to trade?

I have a 19″ pitch Reliance SDS in near perfect condition that I will sell you.
    Where do you live ?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.