Muzzle Loaders can now be scoped in MN!

• chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

MN has finally passed a law allowing us to scope our muzzle loaders! I just zeroed mine in at Oakdale gun club last night. If anyone wants some advice on a great scope for a great price, check out the Vortex Diamondback. You can pop for the more juiced up Viper if you wish, but the 3×9 Diamondback is more than enough! Super clear and comes up fast. Adjustable eye relief which is a must for us that wear glasses. Available at http://www.krugerfarms.com and can ship right to your house. Ask for rings too! I have 3 Nikons and would put this Vortex right there with them.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Awesome. I scope mine during shotgun season and never pick up a shotgun.

Your saying we can scope them during muzzle season??

That’s awesome Imo.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Thanks for the scope tip. I will check them out. I just bought Vortex binos last year and love them.

404 ERROR
    MN

Yes, all of Muzzle season. The legislation passed this summer with quite a few people on both sides of the fence trying to stop it. I guess it was a rider in a different bill. The muzzleloader provision is not what they were against, it was the rest of the bill. The bill also had permitting changes and a few farm provisions that some felt were unnecessary. Glad it got approved.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

All of mine wear glass. Its been thirty years since I hunted a late season but this year I might try it again just for something to do. There have been lots of arguments for and against this in the past but I think in regard to fewer wounded deer its a good move.

Nikon makes a bunch of great optics for muzzies. Vortek is right in the game too along with Leupold. Bushnell makes some incredible scopes if one stays out of the cheap market. I have a Leapers 2X7 on my Optima .50 cal pistol and its a keeper. Leaper also offers a bunch of great rifle optics too. Snoop around on line and you can find some super deals right now.

deertracker

So much for the quick release scope rings….
    DT

big_g
    Isle, MN

So much for the quick release scope ringsā€¦.
    DT

rotflol I think we all knew that guy rotflol

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.