Mud flap help!

• ChasinWalleye

I’m looking for a hitch mounted rock guard. I had a homemade set for my last truck but my new one is a diesel with that DEF exhaust system. And the exhaust tip comes out the right corner of the bumper, and when the truck goes into regen the exhaust temp will melt anything in its way. And now I have to either modify the one I have or buy a differnt one, kinda leaning toward a new one. Any help is greatly appreciated!

ND

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Have you thought about a DEF delete kit to eliminate the need for DEF?

candofish
    Turtle Lake wi

I have a 2012 Duramax Diesel and I have the Towtecter that attaches to the hitch. You have to specify if you have a diesel in the options button. I have used mine for 3 years and it works great.

Palerider77

+1 on the tow tector. Have had mine for three seasons, it keeps the rocks off the boat. They make them for your truck with a window for the exhaust

ChasinWalleye

I did the delete kit on my 09 d-max and it helped the mileage big time. But, so far, the mileage on this 12 d-max is just as good. And I didn’t like blowing black on the boat going up hill.

ND

ChasinWalleye

I will be looking at the Tow tector! Thanks again!

ND

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Get the Towtector. They have a cutout for the diesel. They also make it in the aluminum model for the winter salt.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.