Muck Arctic Ice Tall boots

• trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Anyone have a pair? Thoughts/comments? Likely use for ice fishing, hunting, etc.

Thanks

Pete

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Some guys love them, me personally my feet sweat too much in them so they don’t stay warm

Ripjiggen

I’m a guy that loves the artic pro. Any warmer and I can see they would be too warm. Fish outside inside portable 50/50. Feel like the artic pro would be too warm if I hunted and and walked.
    Ice would be over kill for me but feet temp is individual.

Dan
    Southeast MN

You didn’t happen to notice them as part of the latest Scheel’s sale did you?

That’s what got me. Haven’t ordered yet but I plan on it. I’ve had Muck Woody sport or something for a few years and, as a friend accurately put it when he told me to get them, “It’s like walking on marshmallows.” I love them, love to just slip them on, and even the Woody sport or whatever it is I have are pretty dang warm. I plan on ordering some of the arctic ice talls here soon because of the sale Scheels has going on.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I bought mine last season at scheels for 99 bucks and I love them. I wear them all winter. I have a fishing pair and work pair

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I’ve had a pair for a few years. Warm and comfortable. I went slightly larger on the size and wear merino wool socks. That combination allows them to breath pretty well. I use them only for static activities like stand hunting in the cold and ice fishing.

stevenoak

I’ve tried a lot of boots over the years. Muck Arctic are my favorite for cold weather. I’ve found foot sweat to be more of a sock choice problem. $200 boots, $1.99 socks. Or too much activity. They are great for low impact activity. I leave mine in my box blind, and wear in lighter boots if I’m walking far. When your feet warm walking in and you put them in the cold boots. Your feet cool down and the boots warm to a happy medium. Very warm for ice fishing, without the bulk. Only down side. They don’t like briars and rose bushes.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks guys.
    I first checked them out at Cabela’s (of course they didn’t have my size) and found the $50 off sale at Scheels. Will be ordering a pair.

Pete

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I’ve had Woody Max since the first came out. That Has to be 15 years ago doesn’t it? They have a few repairs made to them but I sure love them.

cheers

They fit tight to leg calfs and hard to remove . Pant legs need to go over top not inside boot . Fit is small

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

They fit tight to leg calfs and hard to remove . Pant legs need to go over top not inside boot . Fit is small

I dont find this to be correct at all. Not for my kid who wears a adult size10 nor my girlfriend or I. But none of us have huge legs either. Rubber boots would be pointless if the pants were out side of them.
    Does yours have the adjustment buckle and strap in the back?

cheers

no adjustment strap, I do have big calfs

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I have the Artic Pro,love them.I think they or maybe used to make a unisex model.I have a buddy who bought online and thats what he got by mistake.They fit tighter in the calve area and pant legs go over them.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I have the arctic sport and they’re the best boot I’ve ever worn.

Last year deer hunting in them was awful due to how warm it was (I needed them to get through a stream).

This year I’m thinking it’ll be colder, but I’ll have my backup boots on hand anyway so once I’m through the water I can swap them out.

Rick Janssen

I love mine for Ice fishing. Again, the type of socks you wear makes the difference. I bought my extra size up so I have room for liner socks AND good quality over socks. I have to pull my ice house everywhere, so yes, on those long hauls on warmer days, feet will sweat, that is why the socks are so important. I found that out the hard way for sure. First time I had them I walked a long way and had my sock combo from older boots. Feet sweated through my socks and then when I sat down, my feet got cold. I have the system down now and love the boots.

mrpike1973

Used them for 3 years now first pair made it 2 years and basically cracked and disintegrated. Bought a back up pair used 1 year so far so good. Thinking of going with Dry Shod Arctic extreme boots for the next pair. The Muck’s are warm but the cracking in 2 years for almost $200 bucks to me is not a good buy. Only use the the Mucks when Ice fishing nothing else.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

On the topic of socks, I’ve found that the best “system” is to keep it simple. For me the liner socks and corresponding extra sock do not work as my feet still sweat and need to breathe. So many people overthink it and spend money on the latest greatest sock systems that can be avoided. I would do it for hunting where stealth is key, but not ice fishing.

My solution: Carry an extra pair of socks with me. They take up one tiny pocket on my bib or the pouch on my hoodie. Swap your socks before it’s too late. If you feel your feet sweating then swap them as soon as you are stationary. It’s extremely rare if you have good boots that the cold is really causing the issues. 90% of the time it’s the sweating and getting damp feet.

JEREMY
    BP

I have a few different pairs on mucks. I like the arctic pros but the soles are so stiff my feet hurt if i walk alot in them. My feet are pretty sensitive so you probably wouldnt have an issue.

mrpike1973

The best thing for sweaty feet is spraying them with anti perspirant deodorant spray Right Gaurd etc. Spray your feet then put on liner sock, wool socks my feet no longer sweat works like a charm when done your feet don’t smell either grin
    Used to almost pour water out of my boots or even regular shoes.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Muck website has “Wide Calf” versions on most models….

stevenoak

I have bigger calves and flannel lined jeans fit inside fine. Not sure what the cracking issue is. Mine are at least 10 years old, and getting worn but no cracks. One thing to watch with plastics and fabrics. Make sure you don’t store them where they can absorb fumes from solvents. Snap-On screwdriver handles are one case I’ve seen destroyed by absorbed fumes.

bob58

I have found the boot is very tight on my calf’s. If I am active I will have a raw ring on each leg at the boot tops.
    Otherwise the boots are great.

Red Reno

I think I am going on year 10 or 11 with them. Ice fish, hunt and fish out of the boat(spring/fall) with them. I absolutely love them but can tell they are starting to lose some of the warmth they once had. Will definitely buy another pair.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Wore mine in the woods last weekend and love them. Debated an extra size for the sock factor but went with my normal Muck Woody Max size and they’re working great. Comfy as hell.

Dan
    Southeast MN

These boots are back on sale, even cheaper now at $109 a pair. That’s a hell of a deal and I’d recommend them to anyone.

KP
    Hudson, WI

These boots are back on sale, even cheaper now at $109 a pair. That’s a hell of a deal and I’d recommend them to anyone.

Where are they on sale at?

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

My wife has a pair and she loves them. I can’t wear my pair because my calves a so big they don’t fit in the boot. I hoped the top would stretch out but they have not.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Where are they on sale at?

Scheels. Thanks for the question, genius of me to post that they’re on sale but not list where huh jester

I just happened to go to their website because I was curious what their credit card is like for rewards compared to Cabelas and saw they had a sale going on. I actually got mine a few weeks ago for $129.99 and now they’re $109.99 so I contacted them about the difference and they’re going to credit me back the difference. IMO $109.99 for those boots is a steal.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Haha no worries. I’m gonna have to make a trip and pick up a pair because I’ve been meaning to try a pair of these. Do you know if Scheels has their Ice Fishing stuff out?

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Sheels had portable houses and ice fishing on the floor at Eden Prairie last week.

Pete

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.