Mr. Heater hose adapter for 5lb tank?

• Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

My FIL would like to connect a 5lb tank to his Mr. Heater.

I believe there are Mr. Heater specific hoses that should be used to avoid clogging? Any insight/information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

It tells you the hose # right in the owners manual.

OG Net_Man

Mr. Heater states hose model F273704 does not require the filter for this application

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

The filter is cheap insurance even if you buy the Mr. Heater hose.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

There are two different hoses styles. The one without a filter does not accept a filter.

-J.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I have been using one for years… no 1 lb bottles for me !!! grin

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Honestly in REALLY cold weather I’ve had more trouble with filters than any sort of perceived benefit. I pulled mine off after the second season with it and it has been smooth sailing for the past 5 years. I beat the living snot out of my big buddy and it keeps on chugging.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

The problem as I recall is with one of the hoses (can’t recall if it’s the shorter or the longer one) the hose itself degrades over time and little bits can flow through into the pilot.

In other news I finally cleaned by buddy heater pilot bafter like 5 years of running it, per the Mr. heater youtube channel instructions. Boy does it light a lot easier now

CaptainMusky

The problem as I recall is with one of the hoses (can’t recall if it’s the shorter or the longer one) the hose itself degrades over time and little bits can flow through into the pilot.

The one hose is a high pressure hose. The other hose is low pressure with the quick disconnect, this one does not require a filter. I have used the quick connect hose for over a decade and never one issue. My buddy initially had the other hose without a filter and after a year or two had nothing but problems because the oils leech out of the hose since its high pressure.

Gitchi Gummi

The filter is cheap insurance even if you buy the Mr. Heater hose.

I agree with Rodwork. A friend of mine and I both got our big buddys around the same time about 10 years ago. Mine has run with a filter on it it’s entire life and his has not and mine runs considerably better than his does. Both have used a variety of different hoses over the years. Not sure if its due to the filter or just by chance but the saying “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” comes to mind.

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

Thanks everyone – very helpful! I think I’ll be getting the 5 foot hose and filter for him.

The tank just needs to set outside his eskimo shelter.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

10 footers are more versatile, you can leave the tank on you atv, snowmobile, or truck bed.

Coletrain27

10 footers are more versatile, you can leave the tank on you atv, snowmobile, or truck bed.

Agreed. 10’ is the way to go

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.