Mounting electronics on Sport track

• Jas270

Hello,
    Has anyone figured out a good way to mount electronics on their sport track? I’ve got a Lund 1875 Impact XS coming and a Garmin Echomap Ultra 126sv.
    For driving around the lake I want it on the console but for fishing I was thinking it would be nice to have it slide down the sport track so I could stand at the back of the boat and fish.

I haven’t wrapped my head around cable management etc. Just curious if others have figured out a similar setup.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Have you considered how you are going to manage power?
    -long cables
    -totally shut the unit off and move the unit and re-hook it up

By the sounds of it you may be better off networking and buying an older second used graph cheap and share the screens.

Then again, its a pretty big graph, you may be best off with a movable mount you can adjust to see from both locations.

Jas270

There is some interesting challenges with what I’m hoping to do. I had thought about using Lithium batteries like I’m doing on my 93sv.

With my Pro Guide, I have always left my 93 in my ice fishing bag which was nice cause the unit was self contained and easy to move. The Impact won’t be as flexible.

I had considered mounting the 93 on the dash and leaving the 12 somewhere near the back.

Probably need to get the boat and spend some time with my butt in the seat to see what works.

Umy
    South Metro

I have my 12″ Bird on the dash and my 9″ on the bow. When I’m in back I can see the 12″ fine. I have a 1775 Impact.
    Mark makes good points. I agree, wait til you get it. You might find you like bow fishing out of it better decide you can see it just fine. 8-10 times I fish alone and usually from the bow. When I’m in back my trolling motor pedal reaches tot he back and I can control it from back there. When someone else is in the bow it’s a pain to see which way the trolling motor head is pointing so I can steer properly.
    I use the sporttraks for rod holders and bought different ones than the Lund brand. THe ones I have are almost like a Ram Head ball mount to tighten – waaaaaay easier otherwise the sporttrak ones would suck.
    I can send you a picture and brand of the ones I have if you want.

Jas270

I have my 12″ Bird on the dash and my 9″ on the bow. When I’m in back I can see the 12″ fine. I have a 1775 Impact.
    Mark makes good points. I agree, wait til you get it. You might find you like bow fishing out of it better decide you can see it just fine. 8-10 times I fish alone and usually from the bow. When I’m in back my trolling motor pedal reaches tot he back and I can control it from back there. When someone else is in the bow it’s a pain to see which way the trolling motor head is pointing so I can steer properly.
    I use the sporttraks for rod holders and bought different ones than the Lund brand. THe ones I have are almost like a Ram Head ball mount to tighten – waaaaaay easier otherwise the sporttrak ones would suck.

Thanks for the info. If you have any pics that would be great!
    TIA!

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

When I fish the great lakes at night pulling boards I would have a graph mounted the sport track with a ram mount in the back of the boat since you are always looking backwards at the boards. For the wiring I just bought another set of power cords and connected them behind one of the compartments. When I needed the wires I just opened the compartment and hooked up the graph, the compartment would close with the wires out.

Umy
    South Metro

Here’s what I bought for the sport trak instead of the Lund ones.
    The ball piece has two buttons you push down. align the metal piece on the underside into the track and turn the ball to tighten/loosen. THe two little buttons on the ball you push down while aligning the the metal piece. Not super easy the first couple times but once you get it? Piece of cake. Just take the rod holders off, turn the ball a couple cranks and slide it all the way up front out of the way. Wanna say the holders were $45 ish and the balls ( you can see the price of the 1.5″ a) are 19.10 each online. You can buy all sorts of other fishing equipment to put on the balls as well. I only use my holder a few times a year you could have tool kits, cup holders – they have all kinds of crap you can buy. Did not like how the Lund ones worked – these work and slide much better and faster. My sales rep actually pointed these out to me.

Attachments:
    1. Ram-mount-4.jpg

2. Ram-mount-3.jpg

3. Ram-mount-2.jpg

4. Ram-mount-1.jpg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.