Mono Line For Circle Hooks

• dirk-w.
    Minnesota

I was thinking – I’ve been using 20lb. Berkley Big Game Solar – 20lb. for my standard channel cat circle hook set-up (anchored up set rig) for about 20 years. I’ve never even thought about switching, but I’m out and need to re-spool. Any body think they have a better mono? I don’t use braid for my circle hook rigs unless I’m deep drifting, slow troll upstream, etc. I feel like I catch more with mono. Any recommendations must be a hi-vis line. Thoughts? My set up is specific. I understand different situations require different lines.

Deuces

I’m also contemplating line selection with hooks. Not circles or cats but parallel line of thinking.

Sucker fishing this year I’ve gone to 10# mono as a leader, thought the rigidity would offer more fish bc it would force the hook to penetrate more than a lighter mono or braid. Not as happy with the hookup bite to fish ratios I’ve seen in years past.

Whatever you choose hope it works out to more fish for you. I have 2 channel rods, one with fireline and the other with big game both I haven’t changed in years. Both work good.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.